Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting in this forum because I can't seem to find any help on the Lincoln Forums. I do own and have owned 8 mustangs so I know a lot about them and I know what I'm doing when it comes to cars but i want some of your help with my problem.

I have a 2001 Lincoln LS with the 6cyl and it has the automatic 5R55N tranny which in aware of came in the Mustangs as well. It's throwing the code of P0755 Which is solenoid B malfunction. Anyone know of a definite fix?? I have read it could be the main harness not supplying it with enough power. Somebody please tell me of a 100% fix to this. Lol

Thanks for all the help I get. And if anyone is in South Jersey and is any good with tranny's that could help me out, I have some beer,pizza, and cash to give away :p

·
Registered
711 Posts
I am posting in this forum because I can't seem to find any help on the Lincoln Forums. I do own and have owned 8 mustangs so I know a lot about them and I know what I'm doing when it comes to cars but i want some of your help with my problem.

I have a 2001 Lincoln LS with the 6cyl and it has the automatic 5R55N tranny which in aware of came in the Mustangs as well. It's throwing the code of P0755 Which is solenoid B malfunction. Anyone know of a definite fix?? I have read it could be the main harness not supplying it with enough power. Somebody please tell me of a 100% fix to this. Lol

Thanks for all the help I get. And if anyone is in South Jersey and is any good with tranny's that could help me out, I have some beer,pizza, and cash to give away :p
Technically our Stangs have the 5R55S tranny but I won't complain about one letter :) Anyways here are all of the codes associated with solenoid B:
P0755 Shift Solenoid "B"
P0756 Shift Solenoid "B" Performance or Stuck Off
P0757 Shift Solenoid "B" Stuck On
P0758 Shift Solenoid "B" Electrical
P0759 Shift Solenoid "B" Intermittent

They one you are talking about is the top one. Seems pretty generic. How does the transmission shift between 1-2 and 2-3?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1-2 if I don't take off "extremely" easy it high revs and sometimes takes a while of it being in the high rpms to shift but it don't bang into gear and 2-3 is perfectly fine. I also don't have 5th at all.
P.s. Thanks for not caring about the one letter ;)

·
Registered
711 Posts
1-2 if I don't take off "extremely" easy it high revs and sometimes takes a while of it being in the high rpms to shift but it don't bang into gear and 2-3 is perfectly fine. I also don't have 5th at all.
P.s. Thanks for not caring about the one letter ;)
I know you don't have a 5th...but it seems to me that nothing astronimically is wrong. You might get a a code every once and while cuz the barometric pressure isn't ideal (sarcastic a little)...but what I would do if you are really concerned I would drain the fluid, replace, and put an additive in it. Seriously tho...the code u r throwin' with nothing else is hard to diagnose....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know. That's what has got me stumped. So my plan is to take the pan off, clean the sensor up, check the valve body for cracks and put the new fluid filter and an additive in it a go from there I guess :(

·
Registered
711 Posts
I know. That's what has got me stumped. So my plan is to take the pan off, clean the sensor up, check the valve body for cracks and put the new fluid filter and an additive in it a go from there I guess :(
With out much else to go on its hard to tell.....clean her out and she how she performs :bigthumbsup...who doesnt like to be clean :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I figured since there isn't anything else happening or any other codes being thrown, it should just be that it's dirty. The car did sit for a year as well.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Sitting for a year could have done it. Try to disconnect your battery in order to reset the car's computer. My car will move up high in the revs in 1st and 2nd but that's how mine's tuned. If cleaning and or resetting the computer don't work then call a dealership and check if there is a TSB or recall for it. The list of TSBs can be fairly extensive on some cars.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Not to start a new thread about auto trans problem. I pulled in the garage and the trans wouldn't lock into park to get the key out. i had to start and restart a few times to get the handle to pop into park. Any clues?

·
Registered
985 Posts
I had an 01 GT with the automatic. Was one of the worst shifting transmissions I have ever seen. Installed a Transgo shift kit which made it much better. Drove it like that for a year (20k miles) and driving up the freeway one day and it would go into "neutral" when shifting into top gear. Pulled the pan, dropped that valve body, installed new gaskets re-assembled--same problem. I figured it was not a VB problem, as when I pulled the pan I found the dreaded telltale signs of burnt clutch material.

Check your pan carefully for excessive degree of debris in the pan indicative of a clutch failure.

My 01 did not throw any diagnostic codes. The transgo kit really impacted the 1-2 shift and would bark the tires pretty good under full acceleration.

Also firmed up the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts, but not to the same degree. Fotunately I had the extended warranty and received a free tranny rebuild at my local Ford dealership!

I hope someone else can give better news, but figured I would give you my experiences, albeit with the four speed.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I had an 01 GT with the automatic. Was one of the worst shifting transmissions I have ever seen. Installed a Transgo shift kit which made it much better. Drove it like that for a year (20k miles) and driving up the freeway one day and it would go into "neutral" when shifting into top gear. Pulled the pan, dropped that valve body, installed new gaskets re-assembled--same problem. I figured it was not a VB problem, as when I pulled the pan I found the dreaded telltale signs of burnt clutch material.

Check your pan carefully for excessive degree of debris in the pan indicative of a clutch failure.

My 01 did not throw any diagnostic codes. The transgo kit really impacted the 1-2 shift and would bark the tires pretty good under full acceleration.

Also firmed up the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts, but not to the same degree. Fotunately I had the extended warranty and received a free tranny rebuild at my local Ford dealership!

I hope someone else can give better news, but figured I would give you my experiences, albeit with the four speed.
Thanks, just lost the tranny in the wifes '04 trailblazer. Luckily the extended warranty w/ a week left gave me a remanufactured unit. No such warranty on the '05 mustang though. Rear end is making some disturbing sounds now too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts