Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! new here. I'm restoring a 64 1/2 convertible. I'm planning on painting it red with a red/white interior and a white top.Either poppy red or Rangoon red .Similar to this car -
www.mustangandfords.com/featuredvehicles/19800
Heres the question.What red upholstery went with poppy and what red went with Rangoon red? In catalogs i see,red, maroon, and vermillion listed for seat colors. Thanks. Once i decide on the color i want to be sure to order the right shade interior. Also anyone have a Dupont or Diamont Paint code for either color or the code for the white on the dash?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hi, they only had one red for 65, it is the brighter red. They "red" in 66 is marroon. Sometimes you see it listed as "red" and "maroon", and other times you see it listed as "65 red" and "66 red".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So a car that was painted poppy red would have the same color red interior as a car that was painted Rangoon red? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
topless 64.5 said:
Hi! new here. I'm restoring a 64 1/2 convertible. I'm planning on painting it red with a red/white interior and a white top.Either poppy red or Rangoon red .Similar to this car -
www.mustangandfords.com/featuredvehicles/19800
Heres the question.What red upholstery went with poppy and what red went with Rangoon red? In catalogs i see,red, maroon, and vermillion listed for seat colors. Thanks. Once i decide on the color i want to be sure to order the right shade interior. Also anyone have a Dupont or Diamont Paint code for either color or the code for the white on the dash?
The poppy red in 65 was really an orange. It did not come with a red interior

bvi steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.