Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... i have a 06 mustang gt ( stock ) about 3 days ago the
check engine light lit up... so i took the car to the closest ford dealership . there they told me that they had to replace the following -- 1. the fuel pump (part number: 7R3Z-9H307-C) / --2. the canister vent/ --3. the solenoid (part number:6R3Z-9F945-AA) / --4. reprogram the pcm... for this ford is charging me $900 for parts and labor ... i need some help bcs i don't know much about this kind of stuff but since i have to replace the fuel pump for my car i was wondering what fuel pump you guys would recommend for me ( like i said my car is stock but i will be putting an intake and a diablo tune on it ) and i would also like a little insight on the issue !!!! i always put 93 octane in my car and stuff and i don't know what could have caused my pump to go ! and what is the canister and solenoid ford is talking about replacing !!!!

oh ! could i replace this stuff my self? would i need to take it to ford after i do so they can reprogram my car ? what replacement options would you guys recomend !?

thank you guys so much in advanced for stopping at my post !!!

feedback will be very apreciated ...

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
With all the 100s (if not 1000s) of guys who have replaced the stock pump with dual GT500 or other systems, there must be tons of used units out there. I just sold mine recently for $30 shipped.

p.s. I wouldn't let a Ford dealer put air in my tires, much less have them actually do anything mechanical. So they would not get that $900 from me... sheesh, what a crock.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
With all the 100s (if not 1000s) of guys who have replaced the stock pump with dual GT500 or other systems, there must be tons of used units out there. I just sold mine recently for $30 shipped.

p.s. I wouldn't let a Ford dealer put air in my tires, much less have them actually do anything mechanical. So they would not get that $900 from me... sheesh, what a crock.
Asa matter of fact I have one sitting on a shelf in my garage.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
There you go PM these guys and get a good deal on a used system. You don't need to reprogram you car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you guys !

hey guys thank you so much for all your reply's !!

i would really like to get one of those fuel pumps from you guys !

do u guys think it would be easy for me to replace ! im not much of a mechanic but my dad is very good at it ! im sure that if he can change a triple plated clutch he can change a fuel pump !

anyone has any info on the canister vent solenoid !?? what and where is this thing and how do i replace it !???

oh ! and do u guys think i should put a gt500 fuel pump in my stock car !??

again .. thank you guys so much !!!

( let me know how i can do to get your info so i can get the pumps form one of you guys !)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
need a little more info !!!

ok .. i took the car to another dealer and they did the same check but this time they gave me an error code... PO456. and yeah ISTER VENT SOLENOID ... ive seen some people that post things like ... check the canister here and canister there !!!! what is the canister ? where is it ? and how to replace it ???

another things i wanted to ask you guys is how to clear the code and how to check for this codes myself !!! had to pay $95 to get a code !
does the diablosport tuner do this things !?

thanks guys !!

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
ok .. i took the car to another dealer and they did the same check but this time they gave me an error code... PO456. and yeah ISTER VENT SOLENOID ... ive seen some people that post things like ... check the canister here and canister there !!!! what is the canister ? where is it ? and how to replace it ???

another things i wanted to ask you guys is how to clear the code and how to check for this codes myself !!! had to pay $95 to get a code !

thanks guys !!
The cannister is under the black protective cover just behind the rear bumper. Yes a Predator can read and clear codes.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts

thanks guys !!
Yes the tuner does read and clears them. The canister is under the car just under the spair tire well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.