Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help.:wavey
I have a friends (that also has a v6 mustang) thats is buying the gt kit for his mustang, from casco. The whole nine yards, Gt front, back, rockers, and exhast. Well to make a long story short,I told him I would help him out. Did not know what I was getting myself into. To all the V6 mustang with Gt body kits, how hard was it to change? what parts do I need to do the swap right? (wrenches, screwdrivers and what else?) Does anybody have a step by step to help me out? Please help and point me in the right direction.

:worship :worship Mustang gods don't fail me now!:worship :worship

Mark Fuller

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sorry, I can't help. But I have to ask why he doesn't trade in his V6 on a GT instead of going through all the hassle? I know the cost of ownership is higher on the GT, but not that much. By the time you spend all the money on the kit and all the time on the install, I'm not sure what you're saving?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
FordFreak said:
Sorry, I can't help. But I have to ask why he doesn't trade in his V6 on a GT instead of going through all the hassle? I know the cost of ownership is higher on the GT, but not that much. By the time you spend all the money on the kit and all the time on the install, I'm not sure what you're saving?
For me the initial cost of the GT over the V6 was over $8,000... You can get a lot of GT take off stuff for that! LOL!

G

·
i have a 2000 v6 and a 2006gt so i'm on both sides of the fence on this...my question is why would you want to build a fake gt?be prepared for all the wanna be comments and ridicule from the gt boys...dont get me wrong...i love my v6...we've been up and down the highways for years...the v6 has a cai..mac dual exhaust...mac headers...bbk70mm throttlebody...3.73 gears...but i named her nightrunner and made her a badass v6...undeniably a v6 but fast...purposely kept the original v6 body so she would get respect for what she is and not be ridiculed for what she isnt...Johnny's v6 is badass cause we all know its a v6 and can appreciate all hes done...there are plenty of bodykits to make a v6 look great without actually and pathetically taking an authentic gt body...just my .02...anyway...it only matters what you like

·
Registered
269 Posts
I always thought it would kinda be fun to do the reverse, make my GT look like a V6 with a hush hush single exhaust out the back on the right side and dump the left side exhaust discretly before the axle:smoke:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
A guy at my work, his wife had a 2000ish Mustang V6 with all sorts of GT stuff added. even dual exhaust. I mean, it looked like a GT wanting to dig the asphalt off the street mean looking. My heart sank when he told me it was only a V6.

explain to your friend he would be better off modding that V6 to be as fast as a GT. keep the V6 look and surprise unsuspecting civilians and wild animals.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
nghtrnnr said:
i have a 2000 v6 and a 2006gt so i'm on both sides of the fence on this...my question is why would you want to build a fake gt?be prepared for all the wanna be comments and ridicule from the gt boys...dont get me wrong...i love my v6...we've been up and down the highways for years...the v6 has a cai..mac dual exhaust...mac headers...bbk70mm throttlebody...3.73 gears...but i named her nightrunner and made her a badass v6...undeniably a v6 but fast...purposely kept the original v6 body so she would get respect for what she is and not be ridiculed for what she isnt...Johnny's v6 is badass cause we all know its a v6 and can appreciate all hes done...there are plenty of bodykits to make a v6 look great without actually and pathetically taking an authentic gt body...just my .02...anyway...it only matters what you like
Thanks!

I have to agree... I almost made a mistake yesterday and put duals on... but Scott at MRT talked me out of it!!! LOL! I now have an MRT single axle back... IT IS FRIGGIN' INSANE!!! I'll be posting a new dyno sheet.. ASAP!!! I better go change my sig! LOL!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Well, if anyone decides to do this, i have a bunch of GT parts. I have the front bumper cover with grille, rockers, rear spoiler, full exhaust, stock panhard bar, wheels 17 inch bullet type, all suspension except for swaybars, GT fender and rear badges.

I wanna give them to someone who wants them cheap. I need the room its taking. i'm in Las Vegas, NV. Contact me [email protected] Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts