Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i just bought a big pile of older mustang parts as well as an 83 GT t-top 5.0 that is pretty much in the middle of being put together... some ?'s off my head are, did the 83 gt have foglights? i have 2 bumpers and neither has fog light holes..

are these carb cars easier to work on and figure out whats what as compared to the FI cars?? i know it should have the 7.5" rear end, and it does have a newer 87 up hatch, and taillights as well as a saleen style wing.

they put a newer 88 convert door on it w/ power everything and im pretty sure this car didnt have any of that crap. i have a spare 86 non power hatch door, can everything transfer over??

sorry for all the questions... told you i need some major schooling, trying to figure out what to do w/ the car, fix it, sell it, part it.... thanks for any help

·
Banned
4,476 Posts
madmaxin22 said:
hey guys, i just bought a big pile of older mustang parts as well as an 83 GT t-top 5.0 that is pretty much in the middle of being put together... some ?'s off my head are, did the 83 gt have foglights? i have 2 bumpers and neither has fog light holes..

are these carb cars easier to work on and figure out whats what as compared to the FI cars?? i know it should have the 7.5" rear end, and it does have a newer 87 up hatch, and taillights as well as a saleen style wing.

they put a newer 88 convert door on it w/ power everything and im pretty sure this car didnt have any of that crap. i have a spare 86 non power hatch door, can everything transfer over??

sorry for all the questions... told you i need some major schooling, trying to figure out what to do w/ the car, fix it, sell it, part it.... thanks for any help
the '83 was the ONLY GT not to have fog lamps (excluding very early '84's)

Other than the factory Holley liking to leak and catch on fire, they are easy to tune

The door stuff is swapable except for the mirrors...but hey, why not have the door speakers, power widows and power door locks? if it is for less weight, you would only be saving 10 pounds a door.

You can find a group that loves 4 eyes at www.foureyedpride.com

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks pita, i forgot about ppl mentioning that site before but never caught on since i had no reason to. Luckily the holley is gone and there is an edy intake and carb that isnt on the motor. This would be like one of those 3 year later deals its up and running and i'd prob have to sell my 87 in the process..... but the t-top makes me want to :eyebulge:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts