Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the engine close to being planned out I have to do something about the tranny. T5 World Class just aint gonna get it. I have found this Tremec through Ford Racing

M7003R58C

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=6885

rated to 600 ft lbs of torque.....

ok -- looking in the CJ Pony catalog it shows this transmission completely seperate from the TKO500 and TKO600 - this leads me to believe that it is not a TKO. Latemodel said it was ... I think they are incorrect.

Now another issue -- looking at the little itty bitty picture in the catalog it kinda looks like the shifter plate is the same as the T5 WC. Does anyone know if it is the same? I'm kinda hoping it is as I have already bought a Pro 5.0 shifter for the T5 -- pisses me off when I gotta go buy something twice.

Also this Tremec M7003 is offered in what they are calling a wide ratio or a close ratio version --- whats the purpose here? Wide ratio gonna be more applicable for high speeds? :headscratch: Close ratio mean I'm gonna have to shift faster?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
That's the transmission put into the 1995 Cobra R. I don't think it's a TKO but that's just a name designation, what's important is it's capacity.

Wide ratio is when the gear spacing is greater, allowing for a bigger rpm drop between the shifts. A close ratio will keep the rpms closer as you upshift.

You might have to get another shifter, it's not a T5 so the mounts may be different.

Richard could probably give you more tranny advice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.