Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while i was researching for my car i saw an add for ram air, is it just for looks or will it help my cars performance, i have a cold air intake already is the ram air better and can i have a mass air sensor with the ram air

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
the faster you go, the better it works.... on that note it depends where the ram air is too. most scoops dont even pick up much air.

its a waste of money in my book

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I would rather use a ram air hood to disperse heat than the gain from having the tunnel hooked up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok, so I'm not used to this at all. So I'm new to this, and with that being said, sorry not to cut the other guys question off or anything. But I have a 88 crown Vic with a 5.0efi motor with 349,000 miles on it. My gma bought the car brand new. I'm fixin to rebuilt the bottom half of it minus the pistons. And put a e303 cam in it. I was wondering if I could put gt40 heads on it without running into problems. And I was also wondering if anyone could tell me what heads came on it stock.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
it came with stock heads, so your replaceing the rods crank bearings seals...but not hte pistons?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes I was going to replace everything but the pistons. Just for the simple fact, that it is my daily driver and doing all of that will put it in the garage for 4 days. And if I was going to replace the pistons, I was going to bore it 30 over. And I didn't wanna do this quite right now. But about the head problem I was having. Someone told me that they were e6se heads. Which yes I know there stock but I was looking for the number of them. But thank you for replying

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
88CV...you shouldn't post your issues in someone else's thread. It's called thread hijacking. I know you're new to this so we'll go easy on ya!! :winks

You have already posted about your Crown Vic, wait for answers in that thread. I'm not yelling at you, just letting you know a bit of thread etiquette. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes marks93, understandable. I didn't mean to post mine in here but I posted the other thread after getting to know the site. I apologize to who ever I cut off. And thank you
For taking it easy on me :winks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dont worry about cutting off my question but my sister had a cv and for the most part the engines are identical, the intake and the heads are the only things that are differant, so you can put any mustang mod on them as long as they fit the 88 mustang gt

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Yes I was going to replace everything but the pistons. Just for the simple fact, that it is my daily driver and doing all of that will put it in the garage for 4 days. And if I was going to replace the pistons, I was going to bore it 30 over. And I didn't wanna do this quite right now. But about the head problem I was having. Someone told me that they were e6se heads. Which yes I know there stock but I was looking for the number of them. But thank you for replying

if its a daily jsut do seals and stuff. if your makeing enough power to break a crank, your breaking pistons first

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.