Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a good source on subframe connector installers?

Prefer Omaha, Topeka, Kansas City, or Lincoln!

Went to a body shop, wanted to charge $400.00!!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I had a muffler shop do mine. They have a lift that you drive up on so the suspension is is sitting down as it would on the street. The guy who did mine stitched them because he said it would be stronger than one big weld. He even shot a little rubbber undercoat on the welds so they wouldn't rust. I suggest you call around and explain that you need about an hours worth of labor and welding. I also had my tailpipes cut off and turndowns put on, all for $50.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dollarbill said:
I had a muffler shop do mine. They have a lift that you drive up on so the suspension is is sitting down as it would on the street. The guy who did mine stitched them because he said it would be stronger than one big weld. He even shot a little rubbber undercoat on the welds so they wouldn't rust. I suggest you call around and explain that you need about an hours worth of labor and welding. I also had my tailpipes cut off and turndowns put on, all for $50.
All-Pro at 60th & L in Omaha installs them for $60!!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
So... are you getting some installed? What kind did you get? I bought Mine at V8power.com for a little over $100 shipped. BTW I noticed an improvement in ride and handling.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dollarbill said:
So... are you getting some installed? What kind did you get? I bought Mine at V8power.com for a little over $100 shipped. BTW I noticed an improvement in ride and handling.
yeah, I got some Kenny-Browns double-crossers for 93 dollars shipped!!

:happyhapp

Hope to install them next Monday.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Thats a sweet deal! Let us know how the car feels after.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dollarbill said:
Thats a sweet deal! Let us know how the car feels after.
well, the door has pretty much stopped clanging over rough bumps, much better controlled in all situations, especially bumpy corners, most of the road buzzes are gone . . .

-but! I can really notice how soft the rear suspension is, now . . . may move up plans for QA1 shocks . . .

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Thats cool it worked out for you. I know after I got mine I wish it would have been sooner on my list of mods. Enjoy...

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Damn Ks, I could have custom cut you some sub frames, installed them for $150 total. And then I could write my name with the arc welder on your tranny!!! :happyhapp :happyhapp

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lcurle said:
Damn Ks, I could have custom cut you some sub frames, installed them for $150 total. And then I could write my name with the arc welder on your tranny!!! :happyhapp :happyhapp
total cost was $153! It'd take me 50 dollars in gas for a roundtrip to Wichita!!!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dollarbill said:
Thats cool it worked out for you. I know after I got mine I wish it would have been sooner on my list of mods. Enjoy...
well, I've got 98,000 miles on the car, I wanted to do it sooner, but 100,000 is pretty much the "now or never" time to do it.

I've been trying to eke out as much mileage as I could, and have been focused more on saving cash from Exxon-Mobil!!

Bast***s made 10 billion dollars off us the last 3 months!!! Gas bills add up pretty fast when you're driving 40,000 miles a year!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
good point, I could have cut fitted on my car, and shipped them with a bunch of JB weld and then you could have installed them :eyepoppin :eyepoppin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.