Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was putting the cover on the GT just a few moments ago for a test fit since it's a new cover. To do so I had to remove the antenna. So I take it off, poke the appropriate hole in the cover and slide the antenna through and start screwing it in. I get it loosely hand tight. Take out the wrench, 1/8 of a turn . . . . 1 friggin 8th! . . . .and POP. Broke the screw in the hole and now I gotta go buy a new one in addition to having to remove the broken screw from the antenna hole.

I swear it seems like every time I touch a car, I break something on it. At least I can change my own oil without issues /sigh

·
Registered
411 Posts
I feel for you,I have days like that also. I was preparing my car to get the windows tinted and while in the back seat getting a dead bug off the speaker cover,my backseat tears in the seam. Now I have to have it repaired. The reason I stopped driving classic mustangs was because I was tired of repairing things weekly. Go figure.

·
Registered
416 Posts
days like that call for a beer :drink:

i hear you are buying! :heha:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
well just becarefull with the drill the last thing you need is a nice deep scratch in ur paint.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol after just setting the antenna next to the hole and having it work perfectly, I think I'm just gonna find myself some nice strong glue or a small slab of 3m cause frankly. A little kink in the antenna isn't worth risking a big old scratch in a still flawless paint job.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
You have nothing on my last Saturday......

I was putting an offroad H on my car to replace my catted X. Should have been a 2 hour job max. Broke a stud on the passenger's side, and there's no space to drill it with it in the car. So I take both engine mounts loose, pull the starter, take the passenger's side motor mount off, and then get the passenger's side exhaust manifold all the way out of the car to drill and extract the rest of the stud. If you've worked on the exhaust manifolds before, you know how horrible a job taking one off is to begin with.

So I get it off, get the stud out, new stud in, and get the manifold back on, get the engine lowered back down, motor mounts reinstalled, etc. and start to put the H Pipe on, and it doesn't fit right. Have to grind out the mounting flange on the driver's side, and grind the sleeves on the driver's side exhaust manifold for it to fit. Go to tighten up the driver's side flange, and SNAP!!!! one of the studs on the driver's side snaps. Luckily with some heat and vice grips, we can get the stud out without pulling the manifold. It just took a while with the limited space up there.

Get that done, get a new stud put in it, and put the H Pipe on. Go to plug the O2 sensors back in, and of course, they won't reach, so we made some O2 extensions. Get those plugged up, and everything bolted up tight, start the car, and there's an awful exhaust leak. It seems BBK didn't weld all the way around one of the O2 bungs, and because the placement on the BBK H is stupid, we couldn't weld in on the car. It had to come back off, be rewelded, and then bolted back on.

9 hours for an offroad H Pipe install. I've done longtube installs in 8 hours.

So a broken antenna seems kind of mild to me right now......:shigrin

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do believe you win. Though I had issues like that installing headers on my sixxer, and frankly I felt less stupid since it was a more encompassing event. An antenna was just embarrassing to break frankly.

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
i remember when i was painting the trim on my car. it was fadded to i picked up some rustolium flatblack spraypaint and i started painting but i guess i didnt tape off enough because i got overspray all over the side of my car. thank god i remembered the good ol' WD-40 spraypaint trick.

for all those that dont know, if you ever get spray paint on your car, if you clean it with WD-40, it all comes off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.