Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased a 89 gt, my problem is that it has no smog pump so i cant pass the smog test(i live in CA). I have no idea how to reinstall it because some parts have been moved or taken off completely. i just want a pic of a smog pump installed properly and maybe a list of all the parts needed to reinstall the smog pump

·
Registered
155 Posts
Will be removing my system in the next week or so. If you need the parts, I'd be willing to sell and ship them down.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
See page 2 on the file I have attached. I am having a new top end installed on my 89 and in the process I painted my brackets and have ordered new bracket hardware.

The picture on page two shows the bracket and bolts for the alternator and smog pump. I did not measure the bolts as I just mailed everything to Totally Stainless and they will be putting it together as a kit and adding it to their catalog.

Once I have the sizes I can post them too you. Just about every bolt on the brackets is a different size. I expect to have the bolts in about 1.5 weeks or so if someone doesn't post the bolt sizes before then.

Hopefully nobody modified or changed the brackets on you. If you have the stock bracket on the car then it's fairly simple for the pump itself.

Search for smog pump as someone has already posted the plumbing to the pump. It was fairly recent as in last couple months too. May have been Almost Stk as the poster but I don't recall.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Smog Pump

I just completed this job on an 87 GT. this diagram was helpful.
Are your cats still on the car?
There is a tube that runs from the cats to the pump.
I found a silcone/rubber hose at NAPA that made it easy to reconnect the plumbing on the cats.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Not only will you need the smog pump you're also going to need the smog and alternator bracket ( don't know how this is going to work with the water pump you now have) and a charcoal cannister with it's bracket on the frame rail and purge valve.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So would it be better just to put the stock water pump back on? And even if I were to do that how would I route the belt? With a alternator,smog pump and a water pump

1 - 9 of 9 Posts