Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing an engine swap. Pulled the trans off and the drive shaft

I have a shortblock and the rest needs to go together.

I need to know what bolts I'll need for the swap.

Heres which ones I know of and already have
-cam to phaser bolts
-head studs
-dampener pulley bolt
-flywheel bolts
-new clutch(assuming it comes with hardware)

I know I'm probably missing tons.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Heres which ones I know of and already have
-cam to phaser bolts
-head studs
-dampener pulley bolt
-flywheel bolts
-new clutch(assuming it comes with hardware)

I know I'm probably missing tons.
can't think of any, there's really not that many to worry about and looks like you got 'em covered! :bigthumbsup

there's more you could replace if you wanted and your wallet was bottomless, but you got the important ones

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which other ones you talking about?? Probably could replace the bolts that hold the trans/bell housing on eh??

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
which other ones you talking about?? Probably could replace the bolts that hold the transmission /bell housing on eh??
I honestly don't know if the transmission / bellhousing bolts are those supposed "one-time use only" things or not but that might not be a bad idea to add to the list.

The ones I was referring to if you had an unlimited budget were such things as oil pan bolts, valve cover bolts, etc. All that stuff where one would normally reuse the originals. But that's mostly glammor stuff I don't get into.

I'm sure others will chime in if there's anything important not on your list :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I believe you have got it covered but if you are planning on running 14-16 psi, I would use ARP head studs instead of the TTY factory bolts. Just my .02.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what i got. I stole the factory bolts from the package(its at ford) and put the ARP bolts in there instead and took the ford head gaskets out and put my cometic gaskets in there as well. Just so no mistakes are made.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.