Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm repairing a 2005 Mustang base model (v6) and I've purchased a front bumper cover, bumper brackets (the pieces of metal that bolt the bumper to the fender) and the absorbers, but what else is needed to attatch a front bumper cover? Is there a rod or some support that holds up the two center columns that are next to the headlights?

·
Registered
519 Posts
There are 2 composite plastic supports that mount on each side next to the headlights that the bumper cover attaches to in the top. aside from that there is just the 2 10mm studs that the bumper cover bolts to on both sides, just under the fender, and then probably some screws on bottom to hold the plastic skid plate on and stiffen the lower part of the bumper cover.

Mostly it just rests on the styrofoam in front of the bumper itself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help! Doesn anyone happen to have pictures of these parts though? I'm trying to order them out of a catalog but I gotta feeling this catalog isn't calling the parts by their right name. The catalog is here: 2005 Ford Mustang Reinforcement - Parts.com

·
Registered
42 Posts
get in touch with KC @ Clevenger Ford and he will get you right. i just did a v6 to gt conversion and he got me all of the right parts to do it!
try this e-mail and ask for Kevin - :[email protected]

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Ok here are the Ford part numbers for the brackets.

5R3Z 8B455 AA RIGHT
5R3Z 8B455 AB LEFT

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok here are the Ford part numbers for the brackets.

5R3Z 8B455 AA RIGHT
5R3Z 8B455 AB LEFT
these are part #'s for the bumper reinforcement brackets that also connect the front bumper lights. they are pop-riveted to the bumper cover and then two bolts hold them to the upper support structure of the bumper cover. the two uprights that you speak of (the uprights on either side of the grill) have no support structures behind them other than what is there from ford meaning the sides of the grill shell. they have two bolts that bolt them up. you can see these when the hood is raised.

·
Registered
519 Posts
This is the best pic I can come up with.. I circled the bracket, this is the drivers side.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.