Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to know the timing on my 302. list of mods below can anyone tell me were would be the degree to set?

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
every car is slightly different, so you'll really just have to play with it
mine likes 14*,yours may like it at 12 or 16..or 14..or 10...
general rule is advance till it pings,then back it off 2*

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay thanks cuz i did have mine set at 4 degree"s thats way to far back right? and what you mean till it pings?:?:

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
yes 4* is waaay retarded..base timing is 10* for these cars..

google "detonation"

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay thank you guys i set it at 10 degree's but now im not really humping out the hole but i deff feel it like 3 thousand rpm any suggest!? and i got my adj reg set at 40?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
As for timing mine makes the most power at 33 degrees TOTAL timing. I didn't check what that equates to for base timing.

I've got my adjustable reg set at 72.:laugh:... I need a tuner...

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
but now im not really humping out the hole
i have no clue WTF that means,try advancing it to 12 or 14*

leave the pressure alone

72??? wow...

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
I also wouldn't play with the fp as too much will hurt your low end. Also try playing with a little more timing and see what she likes....some cars can't take more than 10 and other up to 16 so play with it.:smilie

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright thanks and yea 72?? idk what you mean? and okay i will try messing around with it alil more and see if that helps..

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
i was talking to mustang89 when i said 72..thats crazy high fuel pressure lol

as for your car,with a cam,aftermarket intake and stock heads,expect to lose some low end power as compared to stock,as those parts will tend to move your power higher in the rpm range...you'll get some low end feeling back once you get rid of the stock heads

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol.... and alright yea cuz i got the timing better so i can feel it lot more coming out the hole and way more like around 3000 rpm. so now its on to finding sum good heads. anything in mind?

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Yeah good heads........use the search bar this has been discussed to death :deadhorse:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts