Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having leaking problems with my rear end for the last couple months, knowing it was definitely the seals. Today, I put my car on a lift and TONS of oil is everywhere. So now it's time to upgrade my rear end to a trac loc with 3.25 or 3.40 gears in it. The question is, do you guys still recommend that TJ guy on Ebay? I've read some feedback a while back, but seeing now if you guys would still recommend buying from him Thanks!:bigthumbsup

P.S.

While checking out my rear end, I noticed a hole in my left rear brake line! Thank god I did my inspection today.

·
Registered
503 Posts
alot of people on ebay actually sell the center sections now, check out this thread:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/classic-tech/297994-price-rear-end.html

one of the posts near the middle has several links to good ebay sellers... usually between $750-850 + shipping

i just picked one up at the Carlisle, PA car show for $750 even, track-lok with 3.25s

if your running a c4, i wouldn't go any higher than 3.40s

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. 66 has lots of good resources, and that guy he bought from, TJ, has 100% feedbacks and that's 800+ customers. I got a feedback from one of his buyers and he loves it. It is true on that thread about paying more for just getting the parts and the labor cost. Also, I'm still kind of undecided on the gears whether to go with the 3.25 and 3.40 gears. I only go between 65-70 on the freeway anyway, so it won't really rev high with those 2 gears on my C4. Thanks for that link.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts