Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search & want to verify my finidngs...

To duplicate the 07 Shelby GT500 stripes on an 06, I believe I should go with two 10" wide stripes with 1 1/2" spacing.

Is this correct?

Thanks.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think the 10" is correct but I think the spacing is too much. I went with a 1" spacing. If you look at the rear of the Cobra and look at the GT badge you can approximate the spacing. I really think it's closer to 1" than 1 1/2" but it wouldn't make too much difference.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanks guys. I am planning to go the same as you guys on my V6. First I want to remove the factory stripes on the rockers and maybe paint the rocker panels to match the body. I really like the Shelby striping as it is retro just like the car itself. I'm also hoping there will be an aftermarket kit for a Shelby grill/bumper cover with the built in fog lights. I don't really like the oversize GT lights or the 06 "Pony option" fog lights.

E

·
0 Posts
Interesting they were a variable width stripe. Wonder how that'd look on an 05. I'd planned on going 10'' wide on the stripe with a 1-1.5'' gap. Hmmm... Somebody have their car striped according to these specs & then post pics so the rest of us can decide if its a good idear. =)

·
Registered
3 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
Very nice, that's exactly what I had in mind.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My stripes are painted useing old shelby layout... I actually layed the stripes myself and they are the exact as the shelby original from the manual.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I went to the New York auto show and saw the GT500 in person. I didn't have a tape measure on me but I held a quarter up to the stripe gap and the stripes were spaced about 1/8" wider than the quarter which is 1.0" in Diameter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Retro Shelby circa o5

gd06gt said:
I've done a search & want to verify my finidngs...

To duplicate the 07 Shelby GT500 stripes on an 06, I believe I should go with two 10" wide stripes with 1 1/2" spacing.

Is this correct?

Thanks.
I modified mine using Avery Vinyl and researched the dimensions via Google.com. There's enough information to do the job. Check out my version in the traditional American Racing Colors:

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yikes - alike

fnesmith said:
I modified mine using Avery Vinyl and researched the dimensions via Google.com. There's enough information to do the job. Check out my version in the traditional American Racing Colors:
fnesmith, Great minds think and act alike. Here are a couple of pics of my tribute car.n The stripes are 10" and are 2" apart. You are right you can Google the stripes. They are actuallydifferent widths depending on the place on the car. From wide to narrower . Its somewhat strange but I have the original spec sheet with the dimensions on it from a 1965 GT 350. White with blue stripes. :thumbup :thumbup :clap :thumbsup :thumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
What color

I have a Tungsten grey GT coming in Sept. What color shelby stripes do you think will go with this color. I saw the 2004 show car with white stripes and thought they could have done better.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
10-1 vs 10-2

The new '07 Shelby will have the 10-1 stripes. I got 10-2 on my '05.

'05 GT, IUP, Red Interior, Sequential Tail Lights, Engine Plenum Cover & Tinted Windows

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts