Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im not sure if im on the right page, im kinda new.
but i have SLP Axel-back's and i was thinking on getting some Pypes cut and clamp x-pipes. will it alter my current exhaust sound? if it does, what difference will it sound like?

·
Registered
83 Posts
an x pipe will definitely change the tone, a bit more aggressive i think, but not to a huge extent. I love the sounds i get from my X.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i have that installed on my car, did it myself. It was a pretty simple install, just need the right tools and some patience to measure 3 times. It changed the tone under throttle more then anything, got rid of a bit of drone, and at idle its very similar to the H IMO. I had it paired with stingers, stock mufflers and my current Pype Bombs

·
Registered
777 Posts
Go with a magnaflow catted X:bigthumbsup.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've heard from other users that a cut and clamp x pipe makes your exhaust quieter at idle. You will get very few if any horsepower from it. But the sound during WOT will change. To me it's not worth it, I don't want my exhaust quieter. Instead I am keeping my stock manifolds and H pipe, and am going to just replace the stock cats will high flows for a louder sound. I realize changing the cats will yield very little hp, but the sound difference will be well worth it with my SLP Powerflows.:bigthumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts