Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help here:headscratch:

Is it true that the BBK Cold Air Intake (2005+ GT) does not require a Tune? I am confuse here:headscratch:

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Ive heard you can run one without a tune, but ive heard its strongly recommened. So i would recommend gettin a tune just to be safe, and ya will get more out of it.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
The BBK is very similar in design to the C&L which definitely requires a tune. I would think the car would run lean without a tune.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason I ask is because the actual website is advertising it that it will work with out a tune. "Please read below"

BBK's Performance Cold Air Intake for the 2005+ GT Mustang is the perfect way to add up to 15 rear wheel horse power to your car in under a half hour. This system bypasses the traditional restrictive airbox by delivering a steady stream of free flowing cold air directly into your throttle body. A high flow washable cotton airfilter element flows over 50% better then cheesy paper filters. This BBK CAI has the titanium powder coat finish.

Note: The computer does not need to be reflashed for this product to work correctly.

Reviewer:
PJ Cook

True 1/2hr EASY install! No retune! It makes a HUGE difference! All my friends love it...great sound and incredible performance gain

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
The reason I ask is because the actual website is advertising it that it will work with out a tune. "Please read below"

BBK's Performance Cold Air Intake for the 2005+ GT Mustang is the perfect way to add up to 15 rear wheel horse power to your car in under a half hour. This system bypasses the traditional restrictive airbox by delivering a steady stream of free flowing cold air directly into your throttle body. A high flow washable cotton airfilter element flows over 50% better then cheesy paper filters. This BBK CAI has the titanium powder coat finish.

Note: The computer does not need to be reflashed for this product to work correctly.

"

2005 Convert GT, February 12, 2008
Reviewer:
PJ Cook

True 1/2hr EASY install! No retune! It makes a HUGE difference! All my friends love it...great sound and incredible performance gain...now if I had something to block police laser radar???"
While it might work just fine I'd be hesitant to run it without the appropriate tune.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I do not think it will had 15 hp maybe 8hp. I honestly even doubt you would notice much of a change with out the tune. The tune is what packs the punch the intake just allows the tune to be more efficient.

Save your money for a C&L or JLT with a SCT hand held

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would call Bryan Rogers (BBK's man) at(951)296-1771 and have him explain why you would not need a tune. I would go ahead with the CAI and do a tune (both). Three weeks ago we did a before and after dyno test on the BBK Throtle Body, which increased rwhp from 279 to 286. The BBK CAI was already in place when I bougt the the car, so I can't tell you what it by itself is worth. I also have a SCT Tune set for 93 octane, a Bassani X-pipe, Ford Racing straight thru mufflers w/factory cats, all of which produces the 286 rwhp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.