Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well, my cocaine/crack level high has been turned into something similar to the hangover you have after a night of binge drinking and blacking out.:(

I should have pushed the issue of picking the GT500 up on Friday night at the last minute. After two days to think about it the wife put her foot down and there is no way I will be getting to pick the car up in the morning. I can’t blame her though, I am as spoiled as a 12 year old. I just picked up a new Ducati 1198S two weeks ago and already track prepped it (the bike is sorta business related though;)).

I was told in no uncertain terms that the next toy is hers……….too bad I couldn’t talk her into a slightly used blown 07 GT or a GT500.

Damn. Maybe I can sneak a 2010 GT500 into the garage come next spring.:scratchchin

I'm going to go cry now.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well at least you probably got the last words in "Yes Dear" ! Mine also suspects I'm up to something.

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to my world... Sorry you can't get it though. :(
Could be worse I suppose. Its not like I’m stuck with a turd of a GT.:)

Back to plan A. Either a forged bottom end and turn up the boost and get my 650hp that way or buy a 4v Aluminator, sell the KB and get the big Whipple and go for the 650hp that way. I’ll probably do the former. The rest of the car is all set up and waiting for the power.

I was pretty into having a white car though. I like the blue by itself, but its not nearly as striking as a white car with black rims. I love that look.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Well, my cocaine/crack level high has been turned into something similar to the hangover you have after a night of binge drinking and blacking out.:(

I should have pushed the issue of picking the GT500 up on Friday night at the last minute. After two days to think about it the wife put her foot down and there is no way I will be getting to pick the car up in the morning. I can’t blame her though, I am as spoiled as a 12 year old. I just picked up a new Ducati 1198S two weeks ago and already track prepped it (the bike is sorta business related though;)).

I was told in no uncertain terms that the next toy is hers……….too bad I couldn’t talk her into a slightly used blown 07 GT or a GT500.

Damn. Maybe I can sneak a 2010 GT500 into the garage come next spring.:scratchchin

I'm going to go cry now.
That sucks but sometimes it happens.

When I want something like that I want it right then and I'll wait while they do it.....:hihi:

If its business related that doesn't count. Did you tell her that....:nono:

There is always that chance for the '10 GT 500 clipped rear end....:happyhapp

Could be worse I suppose. Its not like I’m stuck with a turd of a GT.:)

Back to plan A. Either a forged bottom end and turn up the boost and get my 650hp that way or buy a 4v Aluminator, sell the KB and get the big Whipple and go for the 650hp that way. I’ll probably do the former. The rest of the car is all set up and waiting for the power.

I was pretty into having a white car though. I like the blue by itself, but its not nearly as striking as a white car with black rims. I love that look.
I would go for the Aluminator and the Whipple. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
That old saying comes to mind "Don't count your chickens before you hatch".. Man that really blows, i am sorry to hear you can not have the beast.. What about the blower you bought?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Work some OT, and get it painted white. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
My wife told me I couldn't have another mustang one time. Now she's called ex-wife :laugh:

I couldn't believe you were going to get that 4000lb nose heavy beast in the first place. They are beautiful cars but would really make me mad not being able to put that car on a road course. At least now you get to see what will be coming out in the next couple years.

S

·
0 Posts
What a rollercoaster. I feel for you.

Like you said, though, it's not like your current Stang is slouch.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
After two days to think about it the wife put her foot down and there is no way.
I ordered my '08 GT500 and told my wife about it a couple of weeks later. I knew she wouldn't approve of a third new car that would not be driven, so I didn't give her the chance to exert her veto power. I'm a dead man if I were to ever do it again, though.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
I ordered my '08 GT500 and told my wife about it a couple of weeks later. I knew she wouldn't approve of a third new car that would not be driven, so I didn't give her the chance to exert her veto power. I'm a dead man if I were to ever do it again, though.
Maybe it would help if you drove one once in awhile.

S

·
0 Posts

I'm going to go cry now.
That sucks dude...too bad you couldn't talk her into the GT500.
What "toy" is she wanting? A Ferrari? ;)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Man, what a buzz Kill. I read that entire rant in your thread about getting the GT500 and everything, got all excited.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Bummer about the gt500.. Don't worry though, I am sure someone here will be willing to buy your KB for a couple grand so you can start your next project :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.