Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the run down. My wife and I just bought this Kick ass 01 Auto GT Convertible with 21,000 miles on it one week ago.
Is there anyway of telling if the car has had a chip or some sort of Computer programmer?
I bought it from the second owner and he said he never did anything to the computer, But he did install a BBK CAI. If It dose'nt have a programmer/chip I'd like to get one. What would you all recommend??? On the exhaust side of things it sounds pretty healthy when you get on it but at idle it's alittle weak. It has a H pipe with two mufflers that have FLOW-PRO stamped on them. Anyone ever heard of them???
One otherthing, now rememmber this is MY first Mustang so I have NO clue what to expect. I'm assuming that it has the stock gears in the rear end but not sure?? I think it feels alittle Doggy of the line (wife thinks it's just fine) The guy I bought it from put new tires on it but they are Not the stock size the are 255 50 17 (is that a bad set up to run)??
I'm thinking that may have alittle to do with week launches???
I'm thinking on doing some computer mods and gear changes but I'm not sure if this has already been done. Anyone have any recommendations ??????Any info would be very appreciated...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Its On The Pass Side Kick Panel In Just Forward Of The Door Speaker And The Pcm Is Behind That Panel--its An 6x8 Metal Box With Wiring Running From It. The Service Port Is On The Opposite Side Of The Wiring And It Looks Like A Little Black Cover

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
for your answer on products, i would say diablo sport predator tuner, with ford racing 4.10 gears would be the way to go

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its On The Pass Side Kick Panel In Just Forward Of The Door Speaker And The Pcm Is Behind That Panel--its An 6x8 Metal Box With Wiring Running From It. The Service Port Is On The Opposite Side Of The Wiring And It Looks Like A Little Black Cover

OK great!!! I'll take a look to see if it looks like anyone has messed around in there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think it feels alittle Doggy of the line
Check your air filter clean it and then try getting on it, i bought my gt not too long ago and the dealership said they did a tune up on it recently so i trusted them but my pony was a little lazy off the line, so i just happened to take my air filter off and it was filthy after i cleaned it i had no problem.
Do a complete tune up if you can but atleast check the air filter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats on the Vert, I've got an 04 GT Vert and I have added the following:
CAI
Bassani O/R X-Pipe
Steeda UDPS
Flow 40's
Ford Racing 3.73's
SCT Xcal3 Programmer-installed a custom tune using 93 Oct

Runs great, quick off the launch and sounds mean. Next mod will be a supercharger.

The SCT programmer was great, so easy to use especially with the custom tunes on it. Very user friendly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.