Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

I've decided to trade in my explorer sport and buy a new GT, one of my local ford dealers have 2 new GTs coming in this week. Both are deluxe models one is torch red w/5-sp the other is a light grey w/auto. I'm not sure which one to go for? I want a 5-sp man. but u don't like red cars. I like the gray but hate to have another auto in a mustang. I haven't driven any 05's yet, i want to wait to see them first. how much of a diff is there btwn the auto/man.? Also I heard you couldn't do a burn out in the auto, due to the ECU program. Is there anything I need to look out for as problems? ie: tsb,recalles? any info would be helpful, plus which mods have proven to be worth the money? The old tried and true intake/catback/chip?

Thank you,
Bill

·
Registered
340 Posts
tormenting5.0 said:
hey guys,

I've decided to trade in my explorer sport and buy a new GT, one of my local ford dealers have 2 new GTs coming in this week. Both are deluxe models one is torch red w/5-sp the other is a light grey w/auto. I'm not sure which one to go for? I want a 5-sp man. but u don't like red cars. I like the gray but hate to have another auto in a mustang. I haven't driven any 05's yet, i want to wait to see them first. how much of a diff is there btwn the auto/man.? Also I heard you couldn't do a burn out in the auto, due to the ECU program. Is there anything I need to look out for as problems? ie: tsb,recalles? any info would be helpful, plus which mods have proven to be worth the money? The old tried and true intake/catback/chip?

Thank you,
Bill
Go for it Bill! You won't be sorry!!!! Take the 5 spd also. Auto does real well but the 5 spd much more fun!

G

·
yesterday i ran against an auto and it did a pretty hot burnout...it was all stock and the front even lifted a bit...way nice.....this was a 06gt and far as i can tell the diff between manual and auto on the 05+ is minimal...way less than the diff on the previous years...the new stang continues to impress in evryway.....fun factor....?in any way you can get it...the s197 gt is worth it

·
Registered
534 Posts
Mine is auto 05 gt...love the car...never miss a shift...Its a blast:kooky:Btw..for a burnout...Very little brake...t/c off...and.....FLOOR IT...:eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin works well But It is a pita to get the rubber off the car:drool: :drool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the auto (wished I had the manual but beggars couldn't be choosers when the GT was hard to get last spring). But, even with the auto the car is fun as hell to drive and i have found it easy to burnout (on accident) in the auto with the TCS on.

·
Registered
261 Posts
you cant go wrong with either. if you like to shift and like that kind of control get the manual. if you like to eat your dounuts and drink your coffee while doing burnouts get the auto. now if your married or hav a girlfriend and she wants a mustang get both,like i did,lol.vynle.:kooky:

·
Registered
599 Posts
I would spend at least 20 minutes test drivin each one, the manual is real easy drive, even in stop and go traffic.(clutch effort, shifter linkage, etc.) You are gonna love this decision!:thumbsup

·
Banned
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol...thanks for the replys, I found out the hard way how to get rubber off of my 90 gt...hehe I'm going to test drive both, but right now I'm leaning toward to auto just because I like the color more. Plus I was thinking of swapping out the gears for 4.10 and the auto would be a better if I go that way. Thanks for everything guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.