Ford Mustang Forum banner

New 2006 Mustang V6 owner. Help?!

316 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ONEZ ST 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone! I'm the brand new owner of a 2006 Mustang V6. So far I love the car however I do have some concerns and fears I'm hoping I can overcome with the help of this community. This is the very first car I've ever owned which is very exciting at the same time though I've never driven a manual transmission before this so I'm fearful of doing damage to my new baby while I'm getting accustomed to it. Any and all advice and suggestions are welcomed! Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forums! Take your time and get to know the transmission, they are not the manuals of the past and are pretty simple to drive. Try to find someone with some experience to ride with you and help you out at first. Once you get it down you'll find automatics boring.

#5 ·
Bruce, welcome to AFM. The Tremec T-5 transmission is very durable. Your clutch is hydraulic (not cable) and it can be a little stiff to depress primarily because of the return spring on the pedal. Once you get accustomed to the clutch you'll be rowing gears and having a blast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.