Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning.

I had the battery in my 2007 Ford Mustang replaced in January. Yesterday my car hesitated starting, and this morning it was completely died. Once I looked under the hood there was clearly an out of place wire (plug). Is this the reason why my car wont start?

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well it seems to me that there was a reason that someone felt it nessesary to add a fuse to the positive battery cable. There should be no reason for that. I'd check the fuse and see if it is blown. My bet it is. And that could be preventing the battery from charging. But more worrysome is why the fuse is nessesary. My guess is you have another problem going on that needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't think that's actually the positive battery cable, it'll usually run at the back side of the battery along the fire wall. Is there an amp in the car? Looks like a hack job amp install to me.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Looks like the pos cable going to the alt. What ever it is it doesn't look good if you compare to the original cable routing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Welcome Mustang Girl I agree It doesn't look good looks like a HACK JOB to me too I looked at the cable on my '09 no fuse in the line at all and my Positive cable is on the passenger side too and runs along the fire wall

1 - 7 of 7 Posts