Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I got a good deal on a new 2009 mustang V6 with pony package and now I cant wait to do some modifications on it. I am totally new to the forum so please help me out here on my questions.
3 questions:
1. someone suggested me to get black rims as they go really well with silver. I currently have factory installed 17" premium painted alum cast wheels. So my question is, would I be able to exchange these and get the new black wheels? If so please post a link where i can find more info abt that (like cost, appropriate fit, etc).

2. I want to get Black racing stripes done bumper to bumper. After thinking for a while I decided to go with vinyl rather than paint. where can i get these done? i saw some websites and the price range for these varied from $40 to $300 ..can someone please suggest the best quality brand for vinyl stripes? The dealer said $500 to have them installed and i though that was too much and he also said i need to pay extra if i want them bumper to bumper..I am looking for alternatives (like decal shops) as i dont have the patience to do them myself :nono: (yes I am extremely lazy)

3. Has anyone done a dual exhaust on thier V6..if so, how much did it cost and does it have any implications on overall performance?

Oh BTW, I know some people think its lame to have racing stripes on a V6, but I like it and I will go with them irrespective of what some might think :scratchchin..

Feel free to post any pics if u own a silver mustang with black stripes and/or black rims...Thanks.

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Welcome to the site. Check out the tech sections for some answers.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Welcome to AFM , enjoy the site, congrats on your new stang:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
708 Posts
american muscle has the 3m stripping and i here 3m is great stuff..as far as install goes i would check with a local painter or body shop and they should put them on for ya for a couple hundred bucks...that was my experience anyways....even though i dont have them on yet..i intend to have them on soon...get the 12 inch stripes(black)..americanmuscle.com.......................also you can get a discount code when ordering cause your a member of this forum...just PM AMNICK and he'll take care of ya.....

As far as exhaust i have a GT so not to familiar with the V6 set up but from what i here frpp makes conversion kits so you can get true dual exhaust..and of course you will notice some increase in power due to the less restrictiveness of your stock set up ( BETTER FLOW)............hope this helps and welcome to the forum:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
708 Posts
forgot to metion about your wheels..there is a million places to buy mustang wheels and get the black ones you desire( by the way they would look awesome on silver)...just pick up a set of your choice and sell your current ones for a good price to get rid of them quickly to make up some cost on the new ones....I also did this;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boy!! this forum rocks ... Thanks for all the suggestions... just wondering cobra55, what is the difference between 3M striping vs regular?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.