Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier today my car started acting strange. I was driving going about 40 and gassed it, it wouldn't go. The car struggled getting up to 45 and took at least 15 seconds to get to 60.

I pulled off and put it in park and the engine lunged and acted like it wanted to jump out of the hood for 3 seconds.

Needless to say, this car is 2months old with 4,000 miles on it. The service engine soon light was on and blinked every couple of minutes.

Not a good day my fellow Mustang owners. Any ideas? :headscratch:

This is a bone stock GT.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Tough to diagnose from that but I wouldn't be surprised if you had a throttle body failure. Did the car go into 'failsafe' mode? It would have dsiplayed on the little LCD screen on the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing on the LCD display. I ran the setup and all features came back as ok. The error displayed was the service engine soon symbol.

I had a small rattle on the metal dash plate that surrounded the air vent, and it was driving me crazy. This kind of puts it in perspective.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do, not a good feeling. Kind of a surreal experience seeing my beauty leaving on a wrecker.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I know the feeling! Mine's been towed 6 times. :so
Owned... Mine has never been towed.. *Knock on wood*:happydance:

I am not a genius with cars, but just by what you said is there any possible way it is the coil packs? This happened to my dads 01 F150 just a month ago, although everything under the hood is stock/original and has over 130,000miles on it.. His coils failed, and same thing you said. It took forever to gain like 5mph, and it wanted to keep on dying..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just heard from the dealer it was misfiring, running rich, and the fuel rail could possibly be screwed up. Who knows. At least its Friday!! :bigthumbsup

M

·
0 Posts
My fuel rail sensor went... was driving, had no power with foot on gas and "plumbing" light came on...

Let us know how you make out!!

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
i am going to cast my vote for a problem with the fuel system.

·
Registered
781 Posts
i am going to cast my vote for a problem with the fuel system.
my vote doesnt matter since its under warrenty and who cares cause its fords prob not urs! isnt that at great feeling considering the alternative?

·
Registered
13,191 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are ordering me a new fuel pump. Dealer said the fuel pump was not keeping the correct pressure when it was getting hot.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
They are ordering me a new fuel pump. Dealer said the fuel pump was not keeping the correct pressure when it was getting hot.
There were problems with the fuel pump in the 05/06 too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.