Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new 09 GT500 this past Saturday and am absolutely in love with the car. It's pretty much everything I've ever wanted in a fun car, and I'm thrilled every time I get in it.

My GT500 is black with dark gray stripes, HID head lights, ambient lighting, sat radio, DVD/Nav, and premium trim package.

Just wanted to say hello. I've been reading through the posts here and have found a lot of great/interesting info. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment with this awesome car.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the Forums!
Post some pictures.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congratulations! You will love her. Welcome to the forum!!! Sounds like you just do to the lot and bought her!
I had a quick experiance too. I started calling dealers in the surrounding area and found a Black 08 on a monday.... said thats not what I want. Tuesday he called me back to say he had a Alloy one in route and would be here on friday. Saturday I picked her up, no waiting list like many of the folks here. :gringreen That was 1 1/2 ago, we are inserperable.

·
Registered
255 Posts
That's awsome! Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the forum! :wavey She's a beauty for sure! :bigthumbsup If you need any help just give a shout. There's a lot of great people on here!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Awesome. I am looking to buy one soon. What are your impressions, both good and bad? I absolutely love them, but am still trying to get past the fear of spending the extra $$$$.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only con I've found after driving it every day for a week is that it sucks to drive this car in stop & go traffic. Then again, maybe that's just me getting used to driving a stick again after a decade of manual transmissions.

There are too many pros to list. As my wife says, "what's not to like about it?" It's a beautiful car (heads turn everywhere you go), has a very nice interior with comfy seats, and the stereo system (DVD/Nav head unit) is actually decent. Handling is good, a lot better than I'd initially expected. Best of all it has all the power you could ask for. Highway mileage isn't bad either. Got 21.4 mpg at a steady 75 mph on the interstate this weekend on the way to visit my folks. It was still climbing when I got off the interstate, so I don't know what I'd get on a longer trip.

I put two coats of wax on it this weekend and it is really looking nice. I have no regrets over buying this car. It is the kind of car I've wanted my entire adult life, and I finally have it. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. Nice color combo. :bigthumbsup Only con on mine so far is always having to refill the gas tank. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'll write back in another week. Driving in stop and go traffic is one of my concerns. I'll be interested to hear how you adjust. Congats on the new car!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The more I drive this car, the more I absolutely love it. So much fun to drive.

I fear for my ticketless driving record though. This car wants to go fast, and I'm inclined to agree with it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The more I drive this car, the more I absolutely love it. So much fun to drive.

I fear for my ticketless driving record though. This car wants to go fast, and I'm inclined to agree with it.
ROFLMAO Me too. I've had mine for 3 years now...so far so good. Better knock on some wood now! :happyhapp

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats on your new car. I have the same color combo and options. It's a 2008 and have had it for a year. It's a blast to drive! Currently I am using it as a daily driver. That will change in a month as I am picking up another car. I have a lot of stop and go traffic which took its toll on my clutch. The dealership took care of it free (thanks to this web site). Right now I'm getting 18 MPG and on a trip to Arizona, I averaged 23MPG. I was thinking of getting my windows tinted. After looking at you pics, I'm going to have it done. :bigthumbsup

Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The window tint really helps with heat during the summer, and it looks nice as well. I think you'll be happy with it.

I drove the GT500 to wal-mart to pick up a few things this evening and parked waaaaayyyy out in the boonies just to be safe. When I came out, a red Terminator was parked next to me. It really made me smile to see the two Cobras sitting there together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts