Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a brand new 2010 grabber blue mustang. ive had it for about 3 weeks now and yesterday it broke down in the middle of the street and i had to have it towed. hopefully its nothing major but i have no idea whats wrong with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ugh....seeing a 2010 on a flat bed makes me queasy....hoping this is the last time your car goes away on a truck.

hoping the problem is a small one, good luck

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bummer...........That is a bad feeling.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was driving home from work and it just shut off when i was stopped at the light about 2 min away from my house. i spoke to the ford dealer today and they think its just a bad set off keys. i hope its just something small like that

·
Registered
297 Posts
"bad set of keys"....that reminds me of a problem we had in 2005 with my wife's dodge durango.
she put a few too many keys on the ring with the ignition key, the extra weight dangling from the ignition caused starting issues.
had it towed to the dealer the same way.

sure hope your 2010 is back and healthy soon.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yikes! Interestingly, I was at the dealer in service about to get an oil change on my F-150 when somebody came running in saying their car just died. I realized as I was leaving that it was someone who just bought a brand new Fusion. They didn't even get off the lot! Hopefully it was keys and hopefully that is your case too!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Im sure it's something simple. Let us know what they say about it if it was the key. I have 14,000 miles now and not one issue (Knock on wood) My key is separate form my other keys though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good news. it wasnt the keys but it wasnt anything major. they said it was only a cable that came unpluged and they think it came undone from stepping on the clutch so they moved it and bolted it down so it wouldnt hang down and the same problem wouldnt happen again.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Whew....thanks for the update....good news too.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't have to pay for anything. ford even cover the cost for a rental from hertz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.