Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I just got my 2010 V6 Mustang not too long ago, and already caught the mod bug.. :grinroll: So, I've been going through here and it seems like the first mod everyone suggests is a CAI/Tune combo.

Is that what I should start off with? And if so, any suggestions on a specific brand?

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's what I started with. I purchased the C&L CAI with the SCT X3 tuner and custom tunes through Tillman's. Of course, this was during the infamous Chris Rose's last days there and I currently run the 93 All Out tune. I am very happy with this combo.

When I ordered, the C&L CAI was the only one out with a heat shield to fit the 2010 without modification. This has probably changed now and the JLT CAI is very popular on here. Chris Rose, BTW, has moved on to work for American Muscle and write tunes for them. He is extremely knowledgeable and can answer any questions you have.

The CAI and tuner will immediately make a huge difference in the way your car drives. Just be careful. Once you start the mods, you will not be able to stop....:yelpleased:

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I did wheels/tires first then exhaust, next is tint, SCT Tuner from AM and CAI i think I'm going with JLT. The list gets longer every day! be prepared to spend your vacation money on mods.:rollgrin:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think I might shoot Chris Rose a call, before I order anything. Just to make sure everything goes through smoothly.

Pretty sure I'll go with a combo CAI/Tuner either, don't know if I'll choose the JLT or C&L, maybe the C&L because that's the only one I've been able to find so far.

As far as the wheels/tires go, the factory ones should be fine even with a racing tune right? I've been thinking about getting new ones in case the old ones wear out too quickly ;)

I do want to stay away from appearance mods until I get some performance stuff done though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
1st thing i did was headers, then full H pipe exhaust, then T-lock and 4.10gears, next either rear suspension or ignition and supercharger :gringreen​

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1st thing i did was headers, then full H pipe exhaust, then T-lock and 4.10gears, next either rear suspension or ignition and supercharger :gringreen​
Unfortunately, I think that would be out of my price range for now.

As far as CAIs go, I'm stuck between C&L and MMR. Only ones I could find for a 2010 V6.. Can anyone compare the two for me?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.