Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is my first Mustang but I've always been a Ford/Mercury guy. My first car was a hand-me-down from my parents of a 1968 Mercury Cougar. It had the stock 302 but I put headers and a dual-point distributor on it.

My next car, when I graduated college, was a 1987 Ford Merkur from Ford of Germany. I'm not sure how many of you have even heard of it before. It kind of sucked in terms of quality but it was turbocharged and appealed to my still-high testosterone levels. In hindsight, I wish I would have kept my Cougar since I traded it in for $400!

The next vehicle I bought was a 1992 Ford F-150 base model, practically no options. I was married at the time with a house and had to economize.

After my divorce, I bought a 1996 Ford Thunderbird with the Sport Package. I really liked that car! I kept it until this year when I finally decided to buy a new one.

Since Ford no longer makes the Thunderbird, I bought a 2011 Mustang V6 Coupe Premium (Race Red). I really love my new Mustang and am always amazed at the torque and horsepower from the V6. When I bought the 1996 Thunderbird, I distinctly recall that the Mustang Cobra SVT that year had 305 horsepower (same as the 2011 V6). How far engine technology has come in 15 years! Sometimes I wish I would have gotten the GT but I commute to Chicago every other weekend, so I enjoy the MPG of the V6.

I'm a Systems Engineer at an avionics company in Cedar Rapids (Rockwell Collins). Of course, I did my homework and found the best deal I could. I got my 2011 Mustang V6 for 18% less than sticker. My primary reason for joining this forum is to learn what performance improvements I can make while still maintaining good MPG.

Yours sincerely,

Gene

1 - 1 of 1 Posts