Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO i Just bought a 2012 Mustang Black V6. I picked it up about two weeks ago and noticed a spot on the hood where it looks like the guy doing the wash took a dirt rag and tried to buff a spot out. Needless to say he mared the crap out of the paint. They took it back and claimed to have wet sanded and resealed the spot.

Not to mention i dont think they even waxed the car initially since the water was just sitting flat on the car.

ABout a week passed so that the sealant could set in and dry till i washed the car and have not been able to fix the water marks that are now etched in my clear coat, and the spot they fixed is starting to show some noticeable scratches again.

I talked to the dealership and they want me to take it in to get looked at so they can tell me what i could do. I want them to fix it but i hear bad stories about dealerships. PLEASE any suggestions or tips on what to say would be greatly appreciated. Even if taking it to a true detailer and having the dealership foot the bill....

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am Just looking for advice on what to tell the dealership to do about the paint issue, and if i should have them detail the car for free since it was never taken care of.

I have pictures of the areas on the day i got it to make sure i didnt get shafted if there was still a problem.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Call Ford first at 1-800-392-FORD and open a CUDL case. That will light a fire under them....Signed, Ex-service advisor, Syosset Ford Lincoln of Huntington...Never again!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good idea

Call Ford first at 1-800-392-FORD and open a CUDL case. That will light a fire under them....Signed, Ex-service advisor, Syosset Ford Lincoln of Huntington...Never again!!!
This is a good idea, but this dealership is owned by a family friend, and the son is actually a good friend of mine as well. I am not looking to really ruin a reputation, but rather just get the treatment done on my car to make it look and feel like a new car again.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If I were in your shoes, I would first go and get an estimate form a good body shop to properly repair the spot. Take that to the dealer and negotiate either a cash reimbursement, or a credit for future service work, oil changes etc.

Good luck!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
I'd let a professional detailer take a shot at it

·
Registered
135 Posts
Professional detailer should be able to handle water spots with ease. Ask around the Autopia forums for a reputable pro in your area. $4-500 should get you a full on detail.

·
Administrator
13,263 Posts
Its under warranty, let the dealer fix it. If you get it done somewhere else & it does not turn out right, Ford might not fix it because you took it somewhere else.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Take it back to the dealer. Also your paint is a single stage not a base coat clear coat system. It is a base and clear all in one meaning they can buff and buff until they hit primer. Sounds like they used a oil based polish after their wet sand which only fills in scratches instead of removing them. Thats why it came back after a while if it rained or was washed. I want to say paint is under warranty for a period of time, but regardless they messed it up and need to fix it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the advice

Take it back to the dealer. Also your paint is a single stage not a base coat clear coat system. It is a base and clear all in one meaning they can buff and buff until they hit primer. Sounds like they used a oil based polish after their wet sand which only fills in scratches instead of removing them. Thats why it came back after a while if it rained or was washed. I want to say paint is under warranty for a period of time, but regardless they messed it up and need to fix it
Thank you everyone for the advice. I am still having problems with the car now. The scratches are gone, but they put holograms and swirls in the car after buffing with ardex compound. Also, it looks like they moved the pain around alot after buffing to long in one area. I am on my 5th attempt to have them fix it.

I have called Ford and they got invovled, but claimed this is somthing that needs to be fixed between my and the dealer. Now the GM is calling Ford again to see what the next step is.

I will give you the update and some pictures when possible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts