Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a long wait of over two months I am the happy owner of a Race Red Premium GT Convertible. The car is was a Ford executive vehicle that a friend ordered as his company car, and I got the car when it was time for his car change.

It is my first convertible and has the premium package, the electronics package with the nav screen, and the brick red interior.

I love the 5.0, its amazing how fast it can go, definitely a lot faster than both my 4.6 Mustangs.

Here are some pics after a thorough wash and quick wax.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Congrats! what's the mileage and $?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Congrats on you new ride, looking good!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
So after a long wait of over two months I am the happy owner of a Race Red Premium GT Convertible. The car is was a Ford executive vehicle that a friend ordered as his company car, and I got the car when it was time for his car change.

It is my first convertible and has the premium package, the electronics package with the nav screen, and the brick red interior.

I love the 5.0, its amazing how fast it can go, definitely a lot faster than both my 4.6 Mustangs.

Here are some pics after a thorough wash and quick wax.

Kona,

Welcome! That's a great find and a gorgeous car! I'm not entirely sure that I've seen such a clean Vert on the threads recently. What's first on your mod list?

-Alex

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot. I spent pretty much the entire evening cleaning up the car...

As for mods, not planning anything major, will probably change the exhaust for a Borla to get something little more throaty. The stock exhaust is very quiet. I´m also considering adding matte black rocker stripes and wheels in the future.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just noticed I posted the thread in the wrong section, should be the "Talk" section and not the Tech section.

sorry

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Thanks a lot. I spent pretty much the entire evening cleaning up the car...

As for mods, not planning anything major, will probably change the exhaust for a Borla to get something little more throaty. The stock exhaust is very quiet. I´m also considering adding matte black rocker stripes and wheels in the future.
No Sweat-I'm sure it's going to get moved shortly. I know exactly how you mean on the interior volume and it's just not right! Be sure to take a look at our AxleBack Exhaust section along with our Decals/Stripes/Rocker section as we have many different styles available.

-Let me know if you're to have any questions at all in the meantime or feel free to shoot me a PM!

-Alex

·
Administrator
13,237 Posts
No problem, I`ll move it. Nice car!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice looking car. I recommend the BBK LTH and FM American Thunder axle-backs, with the Bama tune. I love mine in Hawaii. Not because it is sunny all of the time but because there are so many rentals that everyone assumes every convertible is a V-6. I blacked all of my emblems to help people by into the idea that it is a V-6. I have caught so many by surprise when what they presumed was a V-6 rental smokes them off the line and screams down the road.

·
Registered
305 Posts
congrads on the new car!! looks sweeet :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
DROP that top and photo the interior. I have never seen a red on red on the convertible. Did they have the interior custom done?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will sure post some pics of the interior. Its been raining all day long but hopefully tomorrow the sun will be shinny.

The brick red interior is very popular here in Mexico, probably because Ford in the US has to get rid of the excess inventory of red leather since it seems to not be a popular choice. We can´t custom order the cars down here but i´d say probably 50% of the cars sent to Mexico have red interiors. My other 2010 GT (candy apple) also had the brick red interiors, though the red tone is very different, those are a bit darker.

I don´t love the red interior, but I don´t hate it either. It probably looks better on a black or sterling silver car. Curiously, red interiors have pretty much always been a part of the Mustang history since the 60´s and were also quite popular during the Fox era. They were gone with the 99 new edge model and came back with the 05 model.

Will post pics with top down tomorrow for sure!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok so here are the promised pics with the top down and the red interior. This car is ... VERY RED... LOL. Definitely not for everybody. For me, the interior is actually growing on me except for the steering wheel. I can live with it because I look for other things in a Mustang, the engine sound, the V8 power, the design, driving it, and in this case the novelty of the vert. In the end if I get tired of the red interior it is something that´s easy to change to something more subtle

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thank you,

Interesting that Ford covered the steering wheel with the same color leather and did not do the hand brake boot.

That is allot of RED.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I´m glad they didn´t cover the hand brake boot in red also... I remember the 05-09 cars with the red interior also had red floor mats that look hideous because they show dirt like crazy.

I´m really falling in love with the car so far. I drive it with the top down as much as possible, I guess its the new vert owner syndrome. Having gone through a base 10 V6, a 10 GT and now this 14 I´m really amazed how much the suspension has been improved through these years. The 10 V6 was extremely bouncy on the rear and the front had those strange noises when going over bumps. The 10 GT felt a lot better but still a bit on the bouncy side. The vert on the other hand is extremely well composed and its actually a very comfortable car. I don´t know if verts have softer suspension settings, but the difference is amazing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice car, I looked at a very similar coupe but with a manual transmission, nice color combo.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Nah, this is my second rag top Mustang and I have owned two Wrangers before. I am a drop top fanatic and really enjoy the open air feeling. Even in sketchy weather I will drop the top and pull over and raise it when I see rain ahead. Then again my other vehicle is a VROD so I might not be the best example of a pony enthusiast.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts