Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I recently finished a 306 build and put 1000 easy driven miles on it with a oil change. Last night while driving at about 35 mph on 4th gear it started bucking slightly. I put it in neutral and the rpm hung for a second,then dropped a little, blipped itself, dropped a little more, blipped itself again, then dropped to 1000 and blipped itself again then idled pretty decently. I killed it for a about 20 minutes then recranked it. It idles kinda rough but at a steady 800ish rpms. I also noticed a funny smell from under the hood. As I pull off It bucks and jerks the whole time. Above 2500 it's not so bad but it does still jerk and buck and it has no power. This morning I get up and check all vacuum hoses but they are intact. I did a computer reset but it still does the same thing. Now at a idle it surges but not badly. The IAC is brand new as well as most sensors. But when I give it gas it's like it doesn't wanna take it. I got pissed and did a second gear pull to 5500 and still no power.

I figured it was my maf so I used a stock maf and tried it but it did the same thing. Even with 2 different sensing units. And it just started last night without any warnings. Seems like a vacuum leak but I can't find one. I need help!!!

Mods are; stock block bored .030 over with forged flat top pistons, brand new gt-40 heads with a valve job, e-303 cam with cobra 1.7 rr's, all ford racing valvetrain except for Comp pushrods, a trickflow trackheat intake, 70 mm PP tb, a 73 mm c&l maf and a bbk cai filter. Shorty bbk headers, o/r h-pipe and slp lm1s with dumps. Stock t-5 with 4.10s and 5 lug conversion axles. Can anybody please help. Only 1000 miles on new engine!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No check engine light yet...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody think it could be the fuel pressure regulator? I don't think it is but I had to run a line from the intake to it because without a vacuum line on it, it ea dumping so much fuel my headers were glowin red at a 1200 rpm idle on the first initial crank of the engine

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A injector plug came off... Problem fixed

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually its was a mix of the injector plug being off and something else also. some mechanic said its like my computer wasnt completely running my maf and my tps sensor. another mechanic said its my tps sensor.. and another said i have a problem in my head. is there a easy way i can check the tps and the maf?? how many volts are supposed to be supplied to each? i think the tps should be like .98 and idk what the maf is supposed to be. my car does the speed density to maf conversion though.. so could this be my problem and how do i check that??

P.s, 1 other mechanic said its like i have a flat lobe on my cam (doubt it), and told me my idle problem was because of my cam not agreeing with them computer (or vise versa). so?? can anybody help with this? it also wont crank without giving it gas and started after putting in the 24lb injectors so does anybody have a fix for this?? thanks

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Well if you baby it like that its gonna mouth off. You ran a new engine to the leats amount of rpm with all new parts it had a problem with that. burned things that should have left over heated things taht should not have got hot and hopefully didnt F$ck $hit up Never mind! You have a new engine with a new clutch. You shortened 4th gear too much burned the disc and plate smelled bad you freaked out cause its all new caused a slipped disc action cause you now warped a new clutch disc or pressure plate. BUMMER!

G

·
1 other mechanic said its like i have a flat lobe on my cam (doubt it), and told me my idle problem was because of my cam not agreeing with them computer (or vise versa).
That is very possibly true alphabet cams are known for the lack of quality control......

There cases where the lobe sizes differ drastically with out the box.....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is very possibly true alphabet cams are known for the lack of quality control......

after that mechanic told me that it was my cam, i went a bought a comp xe270 and some skorpion (whoever you spell that brand) 1.6s and then i ended up deploying so i never had a chance to put it and them in to see. one of my buddies told me he thinks its my maf or my tps. my throttle body is a professional products 70mm and it came with a tps on it, so does anybody think this is my probleM? it really pisses me off because i have checked everything i can think of and its not anything i checked yet.im about to say screw it and rip it right back apart and rebuild it again and use ALL new everything. even find a different computer.. (89-93).

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just typed in "how to test a bad throttle position sensor" and some sites came up and one said "symptoms of a bad tps sensor". i clicked on it and every symptom it provided is what my car does.. maybe it is my tps.. if it is im going with a 65mm tb and new tps. Wish me luck!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts

YOU ARE A PIECE OF WORK!

the are so many cams that will out perform the alphabet cams.....

why limit yourself to outdated technology......

Says the guy with 7 PAGES OF NON-SENSE BASHING FORD RACING CAMS.
I'm not sure what your issue is, but you've posted 128 times talking trash about Ford Racing cams and instead recommending Comp Cams.
It appears you have a vested interest in prowling internet forums consistently bashing one product and recommending another.

Top dog?
I don't think so.
You have bashed/criticized/complained 128 times about the Ford Racing cams to other members (and that is only counting THIS forum).

Show me a dyno chart comparing your comp cams to the X303 and then we'll talk.
Until then I'd say you hold the title to being the biggest troll who goes around the internet bashing Ford Racing cams, while suggesting people buy this or that cam made by Comp Cams.

Top dogs know they are the top dog, they don't have to constantly assert themselves or criticize other peoples cam choices. Your insecurity shows through the same as if you were to pee your pants in public.

Have some respect, 128 posts criticizing peoples choices is enough.
We get it!! You hate Ford Racing and want to promote Comp Cams on various forums around the internet.

Hopefully other people will realize just to what extent you like to misinform people.
Guess what, your opinion does not fly as fact. Get over yourself. 128 times!!!!

I've been a member here a long time and normally just read, but you deserve "special" attention.
You've only been a member here 4 years, yet you have more than 23,000 posts. Most of those posts being garbage.
Looks like you're going for quantity rather than quality.

PS. Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
This is getting annoying....guess he has a vested interest in ford cams

·
Registered
13 Posts
No vested interest here, just went off because I did a search and saw nothing but bashing going on. They are not junk, they do make good power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts