Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody seen the new ProComp Quailifier EFI intake for 5.0's. I found 1 new in box for less than 300.00 shipped. They claim 10 more hp than a Cobra intake,and is so close to a Professional Products & Edlebrock intake that they will interchange uppers & lowers. I have also found ProComp aluminum heads assembled for under 800.00 in 175,190,210cc range. The 175cc heads flow less than the GT40X heads (240cfm to 250cfm @ .550 lift)out of the box but at 300 to 400 dollars less I could almost afford to have them ported and polished. Is there any comments about how good or bad these products are? Is there anybody out there that has used any of these? Its not often that you can buy a set of aluminum heads and intake new for under 1000.00.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
i would just say buy the cobra intake and what ever heads you wanted. You get what you pay for. One thing with the new cobra intakes, i hear they are made in china and the casting are not a real good quality? dont know if its true or not tho....

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Never heard of that intake.
Going on price only won't net you the best results.

R

·
0 Posts
Is there any comments about how good or bad these products are? Is there anybody out there that has used any of these? Its not often that you can buy a set of aluminum heads and intake new for under 1000.00.

Only Two comments.......

You Get What You Pay For !!!!!!!!

The Oats Are Always Cheaper If You Run Them Though The Horse First !!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Where...

Shoot! Let me at that intake. :bigthumbsup I'll test it out and let everyone know what the problem with the quality is if it exist.

I agree with everyone's statement on price and quality etc. BUT, <$300 is worth at least someone giving it a go.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
:evilchuck Go for it, Sydney or the bush.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
OK you are elected ......

get back to us with the results.....:)
I predict the results here.

The fitment will suck, may not look like it to him, but to anyone who knows what to look for it will.

Next result will be a lighter wallet, and a Poor running Car, due the crappy design they tried to copy off of another intake.

Another result will be an even lighter wallet after he shells out some more money to get it staightened out from the poor casting that was done.

Last result will be A TON of cusing, as this intake has just made it to the same cost of a Systemax or a TFS-R intake and it still doesnt perform as well.

R

·
0 Posts
I predict the results here.

The fitment will suck, may not look like it to him, but to anyone who knows what to look for it will.

Next result will be a lighter wallet, and a Poor running Car, due the crappy design they tried to copy off of another intake.

Another result will be an even lighter wallet after he shells out some more money to get it staightened out from the poor casting that was done.

Last result will be A TON of cusing, as this intake has just made it to the same cost of a Systemax or a TFS-R intake and it still doesnt perform as well.

Miss Rudolph don't have nothing on you....

you could open your own psychic hot-line......

1-800-89Coupe.....:gringreen

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
You know Reg, I think your on to something

Miss Rudolph don't have nothing on you....

you could open your own psychic hot-line......

1-800-89Coupe.....:gringreen

:happydancer: Whats funny is there is enough numbers in 1-800-89coupe to actually be a real 1-800 number. LOL

Maybe I should try and call it :headscratch:

·
Registered
71 Posts
About the testing

Unfortunately due to some other parts actually needing to be replaced, clutch and radiator, I have to wait on testing out this intake. So unless my stock intake cracks in half I can't go buying a new one just yet.

I'll maybe be able to buy it at the end of July.

LOL, there maybe all sorts of problems with the intake but I will not be fixing any. :nono: Pure evaluation and that is the end of my project.

If this thing works better than stock is it worth $300? That is what I want to know. Sure someone who knows better and wants + is willing to pay more for better knows the difference but what if your a CAI type of guy just looking to get in a little deeper? Why can't someone learn and tinker with a more reasonably priced part.

Lastly, if I am looking to spend $1500-2000 on H/C/I then I am just going to buy a totally built engine. I can get matched parts and better internals for ~$4000. No reason to put $2000 worth of parts on top of an old stock block.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I'm sure the intake will be around when you can get to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts