Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Would they replace tha 4.6 with tha 5.0?

·
Registered
118 Posts
It would be cool if they did it as an option so you could have two choices of engines..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ford is putting the 5.0 in the 2010 Mustang to replace the 4.6. The 5.0 will get better fuel economy than the 4.6 so there is no reason to keep the 4.6 around anymore.

I wanted to really post on this because I've seen articles, and watched angry Mustang enthusiasts become enraged that the power output was only estimated to be about 320-350hp (Motor Trend). For a 5.0, that is a joke. Plus it won't compete with the new Camaro or Challenger. Not to mention the Hyundai Genesis. For those of you familiar with engines ... a 5.0 only putting out 325-350hp doesn't pass the smell test. This is not a bored 4.6 ... it's a whole new engine. Conventional logic suggests that a new 5.0 should easily put out about 400hp.

Well, rest assured, the new 5.0 will get around 400hp. I just wanted to put your fears to rest. Perhaps the new Mustang would not have been this powerful before we confirmed the new Camaro's powerplant, but the Camaro has made the Mustang better. At least we can agree on that.

Here's the link for the 5.0 power output. They will reveal the new Mustang at the L.A. Auto Show in November.

·
Registered
119 Posts
sounds good Ive been keeping up with that and hopefully by 2011 i can trade in mine or maybe keep it and get both.:D

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
im not 100% but the unvailing said it was gona be the 4.6. i forget where i seen that they were still working out bugs with the new 5.0:headscratch:.... yea cuz the 2010 is just getting the bullit CAI to raise the HP to 320?

·
Registered
872 Posts
The new 2010 4.6 GT is a joke. Oooo cold air intake! Something that every mustang owner usually does first to their car. They also need to raise the power of the V6. 210 hp is a poor excuse nowadays, espcially when most new v6's have 240+ horsepower and better milleage...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
^The new GT also has better options that you can get on it from the factory... Look at the Trac-pac... It makes the GT into a very good handling car compared to what it is stock, and stock they still handle better than the 05-09 GT's do. :) I also like the look of the 10's better than the 05-09.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Does anyone know if they are going to for sure bring back the 5.0?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.