Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So any rumors? How much will these be going up? :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you order a car, you have the issue of "today's incentives" versus the incentives in play when you pick up the car. I read somewhere that Ford will honor the greater of the two. Make sure you work that into the written order agreement with the dealer, in case the dealer tries to play games with you.

·
Registered
270 Posts
From what I've heard lately.

-"Due to the large amount of problems in manual transmission mustangs, Ford will be offering a 25% off of MSRP as an incentive for all 2011+ mustangs purchased for the following incentive period".

</sarcasm>:p

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
If you order a car, you have the issue of "today's incentives" versus the incentives in play when you pick up the car. I read somewhere that Ford will honor the greater of the two. Make sure you work that into the written order agreement with the dealer, in case the dealer tries to play games with you.
If they go up substantially I'm gonna be seriously p*****d off having just taken delivery on 5/27. Not like I could have survived waiting five more days even if I knew they were though. :winks

And I'm pretty sure the incentives policy is set dealer by dealer... some say it's what it is when the car comes in, others lock it in. My new dealer told me it was an advantage they allowed the smaller dealers to do to help even the playing field. And that seemed to hold true with my order experiences, my first dealer (a medium to large size dealer) said we wouldn't know the rebate til the car came in, my new one (very small) locked me in when I placed the order on 4/1 and said I could have the better of what was in place when I ordered or when the car came in (which in my case was exactly the same, LOL).

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
</sarcasm>:p
ROFL, you had me for a minute there... not that they would actually offer 25% off, but the rest of the implication.

:kooky:

·
Registered
70 Posts
nothing new... expiration date moved to 7/5
Kinda interesting...

I know they are having order problems and shipping problems, and now additional manufacturing issues due to the shortage on paint/electronics/and other parts from Japan...

With that said, if they stay on the same MY cycle... we are about 6 months out from being able to order MY13 cars. I don't think the current rebates are a very good deal on a soon to be 2 year old car for the large number of 11's I am seeing still on lots around here.

That is just rough.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Looks like the offers on cash purchases went up to $2000 from $1500 on the 2011s unless I missed something. I have been waiting patiently for the 2012 rebates to increase but as mentioned above, dealers around me in NC still have a good number of 2011s.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The same rebates yet again? Lame.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
The same rebates yet again? Lame.
Yeah but $500 public plus $750 private cash on a car a year model newer than most everyone else is sellin' ain't really that bad, especially if you get a good deal on the car too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah but $500 public plus $750 private cash on a car a year model newer than most everyone else is sellin' ain't really that bad, especially if you get a good deal on the car too.
You really can't count the $750 private cash coupon since not everyone gets it. I have been trying for 2 months using all the tricks people have been talking about and no luck.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ford announced May sales up 74% (yes, seventy-four) over last May. I guess there's no need for additional incentives.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ford announced May sales up 74% (yes, seventy-four) over last May. I guess there's no need for additional incentives.
I'm assuming that the 74% increase is a complete line increase & not specific to Mustangs. There must be a bunch of new F150s, Fusions & Focuses on the road. I've only seen 3 5.0s in my area.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It appears that Ford has gone month-to-month on evaluating incentives so there is a much shorter response time to market. Seems like before the periods were 2 to 3 months. Smart business for Ford but sucky for buyers!!!

:weeps

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm assuming that the 74% increase is a complete line increase & not specific to Mustangs. There must be a bunch of new F150s, Fusions & Focuses on the road. I've only seen 3 5.0s in my area.
There were no details on how they came up with the 74% number. Just the breaking news headline on Reuters. I'm sure the story will be written shortly.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
USA Today just posted a story.

Ford's sales flat as hot small cars offset lagging pickups

After months of increases, Ford's sales were flat last month, the company just reported. But the good news was that sales to individual customers -- those that are most profitable -- rose 5%, and sales to fleet customers like rental car agencies fell 8%.

Fuel price increases hit Ford where it hurts the most, its highly profitable F Series pickup truck line. Sales there fell 15% compared to a year ago.

With gas prices soaring, Ford Motor saw some of its biggest demand increases in its two smallest models, Fiesta and Focus, last month. They were up 74% compared to the same month a year ago.

Ford's sales flat as hot small cars offset lagging pickups - Drive On: A conversation about the cars and trucks we drive - USATODAY.com
Sales flat. Clearly Reuters cherrypicked it's information.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I was hoping they would go up as well. I'm in the market as well, but I'm have a hard time finding exactly what I'm looking for in 2011 MY.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
You really can't count the $750 private cash coupon since not everyone gets it. I have been trying for 2 months using all the tricks people have been talking about and no luck.
Sorry to hear that. I was working on getting mine for about 8 months, if the car had come in two weeks sooner I'd have been grabbing air myself.

Do you have an office or even a satellite office maybe you could direct a piece of mail too? Fortunately I had an office location in a zip code another board member I knew that was able to get it and within about 30 hours the offer was in my email. There will probably be a hard snail mail copy go to work as well which I'm sure will get routed to me eventually.

I used my name (single, had too, and knew I couldn't title the car in one of the dog's names even if that did score me an offer) but set up a fresh new email account just to be sure I didn't automatically end on up the reject list. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.