Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I was directed here after meeting Kieth at a cruise in, he was a wealth of information. I have a question on lowering my 07. Who has the best price and springs, not road racing here, just want that low, mean look.

Tim

S

·
0 Posts
Hello to all, I was directed here after meeting Kieth at a cruise in, he was a wealth of information. I have a question on lowering my 07. Who has the best price and springs, not road racing here, just want that low, mean look.

Tim

Hey Tim!

Welcome to AFM. I see Keith dragged you down with the rest of us.:gringreen
Take a look at some of the vendor sponsors here on AFM to see what they offer. Most vendors here have discounts for AFM members. I personally run BMR springs and love them. There are some pics in my gallery - 2" drop in back and 1.5" in front. Most kits will get you in the 1.5" to 1" range which is great for all around driving. I'm sure more will chime in here with what they prefer and why. At the very least you'll want to get an adjustable panhard bar along with the springs. A good alignment will also be in order afterwards... your tires will thank you.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where did you get yours from, putting 18x9 shelby razors w 255/45 18s this week and want to lower it now or next week. How hard is it to change them yourself, im mechanically inclined. It is a v6 car. Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
where did you get yours from, putting 18x9 shelby razors w 255/45 18s this week and want to lower it now or next week. How hard is it to change them yourself, im mechanically inclined. It is a v6 car. Thanks

If you're asking me then it would be www.bmrfabrication.com

You'll need a spring compressor to remove the springs and a lift would make it a much more manageable project but it can be done on jackstands.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Welcome to AFM.

Check with our members on the ride quality. So springs will lower the car but give you a stiffer ride.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just wanted to start by saying welcome. AFM is a wealth of information.

If you want to take a moment and look at my profile I have many pics of my car lowered. I also have an 07 GT. I went with the Eibach Pro Lowering Kit. They are well know and have really good quality products in my opinon. There are more aggressive kits they offer but the Pro Lowering Kit is probably the best for everyday type driving and the ocasional lead foot on the back roads in the summer. I truely didn't notice much sacrifice in ride quality with this kit. Any lowering kit as mentioned in one of the other post will stiffen your ride though. If you do lower the car you will really need to invest in an adjustable pan hard bar. This allows you to re center the rear end. Lowering will move the rear end some. Good luck hope this helps.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Be extremly careful messing with the springs. Take the advise already given and use a spring compressor. It can be done by those who are pretty well machanicly inclined you just have to be careful and take your time. I watched a buddy torch a set of springs lose one time and almost took his head off when it came flying out.

If you're asking me then it would be www.bmrfabrication.com

You'll need a spring compressor to remove the springs and a lift would make it a much more manageable project but it can be done on jackstands.:bigthumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.