Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new 8" antenna to replace the monster of the antenna that came stock. How do I get the old one off and the new one on? Do they just unscrew/screw on or are there wires involved under there? Thanks

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
yup just unscrew the old one and screw the new one on. make sure to wrap something around the new one so the wrench doesnt dig into the plastic coating.

·
Registered
200 Posts
where'd you find the antenna? I been lookin on ebay for a good deal, but havent even found one for sale. Also, did you loose radio reception with the replacement?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
yeah youll loose some reception unless you get a fm booster to go with that. I cant pick up radio stations very well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jamoshey said:
where'd you find the antenna? I been lookin on ebay for a good deal, but havent even found one for sale. Also, did you loose radio reception with the replacement?
Got mine at www.mustangtuning.com. And whats an fm booster and where do i get it? Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Cool, thanks guys. That sucks that it deplets the reception of the radio though.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I havent noticed any loss. I dont travel far from the suburbs of chicago anyway, reception is fine. If I do go far, then obviously thats why we have cd/mp3 players :thumbsup

http://home.comcast.net/~psc777/antenna.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.