Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... I dumped the BFGs (265/60/16, 28 inch OD) and went with Nitto 450s in the back (275/50/17, 27.8 OD) I've pretty much blown my budget so I had to do this on the absolute CHEAP!!!! Sooo... I got some new 17 wheels for the back... and since I had a lot of tread still on the front tires, with and extra set of them in the shed (from the back) I decided to just get a matching 16 inch wheel for the front... Doesn't look too goofy... LOL!

I didn't really get a chance to try the new tires out... Let's just say I'm getting my TPS replaced tomorrow.... for FREE (TSB) even though when I took the car into night the Zex was still completely hooked up, including the white wire tapped in to the TPS wire. I still had my helmet in the back seat (which the service guy DID notice) and to top it off I still had NUMBERS on my window from the track! LOL! The tech pulled the codes, they matched up with the TSB and said the part will be her tomorrow.... LOL! Do I have a cool dealership or what? LOL!

Ok... back to the tires.... These guys are WIDE! But they are a tad shorter so I got some of my gearing back, which I definitely could tell! I can't wait to try these guys out at the track... hoping to make it next Sunday...

now for some pics!

·
Registered
622 Posts
looking goood! :thumbup

how wide are the rims and what is the offset? Do you drive on wet or damp pavement? I'd really like to know how well those nittos handle the wet.

thanks!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I think those look great! I was very close to pulling the trigger on some rage breakers, that look similar.:thumbup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know if 295/45/18's will fit in the back wheel well on 18x10's without changing the speedo too much?

By the way your Nitto's look great.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Man, I really like your tires and wheels. The wheels really compliment your car. Who makes them and where did you get them?

·
Registered
263 Posts

235/55/17 (Stock)
Radius: 13.6”

Diameter: 27.2”

295/45-18

Radius: 14.2”

Diameter: 28.5”

Sidewall: 5.2”

295/40/18

Radius: 13.6”

Diameter: 27.3”

Sidewall: 4.6”

295/35/18

Radius: 13.1”

Diameter: 26.1”

Sidewall: 4.1”

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mb motorsports.... This is the "boost" Picked them up at the local Discount Tire.... And they were down right cheap... LOL

Wheels

N

·
0 Posts
not for nothin dude...where do you get that 254rwhp from? are you doing magazine ad hp? or dyno hp?cause nearly 50 poneys dont come from the bolt ons you got...nice wheels though

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nghtrnnr said:
not for nothin dude...where do you get that 254rwhp from? are you doing magazine ad hp? or dyno hp?cause nearly 50 poneys dont come from the bolt ons you got...nice wheels though
Comes in a little purple bottle I keep in the trunk... hehehehe

Here's the dynosheet with the 100HP jets:

Dyno

Here's the actually install in my car...

Zex

Car ran a 14.004 on the 75HP shot... with a very inexperienced driver! LOL! Looking forward to trying the 100HP jets out at the track... hopefully this weekend...

·
Registered
260 Posts
fishingjts, I'm real curious about something you said up there at the very start - about how you dumped the BFG's.

I was thinkin about getting some BFG's after the P-Zeros go thin, and had thought they were a pretty good choice of hoops. Any partic'ler reason you wanted to get away from them?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stoopy said:
fishingjts, I'm real curious about something you said up there at the very start - about how you dumped the BFG's.

I was thinkin about getting some BFG's after the P-Zeros go thin, and had thought they were a pretty good choice of hoops. Any partic'ler reason you wanted to get away from them?
The BFGs were just Radial T/As.... nothing special... and they were big... the were 28.5 inches tall... so they really filled up the wheel well... which made them look really good back there... but being that tall was not so good for performance... LOL! So I decided to come down slightly in tire size... With the 4.10 gears I didn't want to go all the way back to a stock 27inch tire... the Nittos were a good fit size wise... coming in at 27.8 inches.. So on the highway doing 70MPH i'm now turning 2500RPM in OD... I can live with that... And that 3/4 inch drop in tires size seems to make a very noticable difference...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts