Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1987 mustang stock block, gt40x heads w/ 1.72 rockers, powerdyne supercharger (9psi), and a bbk ssi-r series intake. since i put the intake and trottle body on. the car breaks up under a load (between 2300-4200rpm) i didnt have this problem till i put the intake on!! the stock intake ran fine. i went through the timing several times (msd 6al, billet dis,ss coil), and the fuel pressure stays up where it needs to be. does anyone have a clue wha it could be doing at this point?? bbk tech said ignition and ford said it the intake. thanks u all for the taking the time to read thru this

·
Registered
826 Posts
could be the intake...but have you tried adjusting your timing...think ya might need to bump it up a lil with that intake!...or adjust your fuelpressure!

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
It'd have to be the intake, since it didn't happen before you put it on. It could be either that or you might need more fuel, that intake adds more air and might be causing a lean condition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys for the tips. i know it isnt the timing i played with in both directions. I think its a fuel issue not on the pressure side but maybe on the volume side. i ordered a 255lph pump. lets see if that will keep up with it. i may put my 6psi pullyon it and see what happens too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i put a 255lph pump and still the same s***! I did take the car for a ride when it was cold and it was fine. As soonas it got up to operating temp it started to buck/break up anything over 3/4 throttle. any other info or thing to check out?? i checked the timing again as well and went downtwo degrees and up two. still nothing i have it 8degrees btdc (with the spout out)and that is where it runs the best. thanks

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
You might then check the codes, there's sensors that can malfunction once it gets up to temperature. Get it warm, let it act up and then check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.