Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello, in about a two months from now I will be the proud owner of a 1987 Mustang GT Cobra. My father who passed away 7 years ago bought this car brand new in Saint John NB Canada. It was one of the very first 87 GT Cobra's sold in the city that year.

My stepmother called me the other day to say she was going to sell the car as she does not use it. So I thougth that I would keep it in the family since my Dad use to love driving it and always talked about the performance of the car back in the day. The wife and I will be flying out to pick up the car in August and driving it back to Saskatoon SK Canada.

The car is bone stock and has 140,000km on the dial. She just replaced the fuel pump in it as well as some other parts. The car is black with red interior and in good condition.

Would like some advice on anything I should be looking out for on this particular vehicle before the return road trip this summer. Any advice would be appreciated

Anyway I wanted to say hi to everybody and I am sure I have a lot of reading ahead of me on this site.

Regards Bruce :wavey

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Bruce, welcome to AFM! :bigthumbsup

Glad you decided to keep it in the family. Sorry to hear about dad. He surely had good taste! I'm sure you'll love it. Shouldn't be too much to look out for except for the other crazies on the road!! :laugh: It should drive well if it's just stock.

If it's been sitting for a long period of time, you might want to check and change all the fluids (including gas) before that long drive. Check the tire condition as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for Replys

I will have all the fluids changed before I head out on the road just to be on the safe side. Looking forward to the trip back as long as I can stay away from the heavy rain storms.

Heard this car does not like a lot of water on the road, I understand that if you keep it around 50 miles an hour in heavy rain I should make out ok

Is this fact or fiction? this of course is with the understanding that you have a good set of tires.

Cheers Bruce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts