Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i have a 98 mustang

here she is, i love her http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m161/jash7205/100_1410.jpg

anyway, i put those stripes on the bottom, and got her repainted at maaco. i know they have a bad rep, but they actually did a pretty good job and i take care of her paint well. i'd like new lights and rims and a nice kit. from what i understand, if i want the wheel well to hug the rim nicely, i should drop her about an inch or so.

heres the rims
Black Bullitt Wheel 94-04 (17X9)

i'll probably paint the calipers red too, might look pretty cool

those are the springs
Ford Racing Springs (C-Springs) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

i want these headlights called black beauty lights, but i can't find them anywhere anyone know where i can find them?

and finally, the body kit. i like two, from mr. body kit ( USA AND* CANADA ). the stalker 2000 s conversion and the saleen style. so which one do you guys like best? also, if i buy the kit, and the right paint from maaco, how hard is it to prime and paint myself??? oh and is it a big deal if i go with the fiberglass instead of the urethane? it's just so much cheaper.

and lastly, i've seen alot of tailight tints for new edge stangs. i'd like to do that with my 98, but is there anything like that for an sn95?

sorry for all of the questions, but any help would be awsome, i have so many ideas swimming through my head.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Yeah put some springs on her and get her a bit lower to the ground. Looks good otherwise

·
Registered
623 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Rims and springs sound good, I would choose the Saleen kit over the stalker 2000C. Never really been a huge fan of the stalker kit.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Just a Question- Why did you have the car re-painted before you got the body kit?:headscratch: So that you could waste money?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i bought the car cheap but it was in desperate need of paint. i was ashamed of it so i had that taken care of as soon as i could, and that was before i ever wanted to mod her. maybe i'll just drop her a few and get the rims, and try not to get ahead of myself. thanks for the advice on springs, i'll go with that. will it hug the rim nice? oh and does anyone know the headlights i'm talking about cause i definitely want to do that. they're called black beauty lights, and they make a big difference in the cars look. also, can i tint the tail lights?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
My dad has black beauties on his Lightning but I'd have to ask him where he got them. But Personally I think night shaded, or tinted tail lights look like crap most of the time, I havn't seen any done really nice before though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah you gotta know how dark to tint them and not go crazy and make them black.

but if you can find out where he got those lights that would be awesome

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just a Question- Why did you have the car re-painted before you got the body kit?:headscratch: So that you could waste money?
Wow. That was necessary

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Wow. That was necessary
I would say that my comment was much more warranted than yours was. :yup:

I asked why he decided to paint his car before he put the body kit on. Do you think that the decision was the best and cheapest for him? If you do then you can send some of your extra money my way...

·
Registered
637 Posts
I tinted my own taillights and am VERY happy how they turned out. I also Repainted my car a Light Copper. I Know how to paint, Im not being cocky or anything Im just saying it because If I were you I WOULD NOT PAINT that car if you have never painted b4.
you have a nice Project coming along try and keep it nice and cheap. doing things yourself without knowing the outcome can become PAINFUL.
Trust me I've been there a lot. But I learned in the end and cought on to my Mistakes.
Have fun man and I hope your ride turns out to look Great.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks!

well i definitely know my way around disassembling the cars interior and exterior and i'm pretty comfortable with the electronics and stuff. i work with guys that are always doing this kind of thing so it kind or rubbed off on me. i even managed to install a double din unit and a fully functional computer that reads the cars engine diagnostics!

so you seem like a bodywork guy, sooooo

what do you think of the headlights and rims?

how did you tint the tail lights?

and what are those awesome looking things on the left and right sides of your stang near the hood and fenders? looks sweet!

·
Registered
649 Posts
i have heard some horro sotries of mr. body kit, their stuff is cheap, because its porly made, needs a lot of prep work, and sometimes spiderwebs:nono:. on the body kit style, i like saleen, but thats my preferance.

wheels, fine, if u want a staggered look, go deep dish in the back:gringreen

and remove the side stripe:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
649 Posts
i dont really care for them at all, the car looks more unclutered to me without it

but if u like em, then keep em

i toook mine off to clean up my car

and also because they were white, and my car was going for a blue and black theme

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.