Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got convertible 64'-65' mustang with v8 289 k code engine and i want to upgrade old drum brake sys. with the new baer iron-sport sys.

Baer Brake Systems -- Announcing the all new IRON-SPORT Systems -- Performance you can See!

the problem is that i don't know what is the size of the axle bearing. i'd be really thankful if somebody would tell which these sys. would fit my mustang.

4262105 R Iron Sport 8.8” Ford - General Fit 4262106 R Iron Sport 9” Ford - STD Bearing 4262107 R Iron Sport 9” Ford - Big Bearing 4262108 R Iron Sport 9” Ford -Torino Bearing 4302133 R, Iron Sport, 10/12 Bolt - Staggered Shock 4302134 R, Iron Sport, 10/12 Bolt

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
If the 9" axle housing is for a 64 1/2-65 Mustang, as you state, you will use the kit number 4262106 R Iron Sport 9" Ford STD Bearing.

If there is a taper in the axle portion of the housing or the axle bearing retainer is held in place with 3/8 inch dia. bolts, you have the "small bearing or standard bearing" housing. The big bearing housing doesn't have the tapered shaft and the bearing retainer is held in place with 1/2 inch dia. bolts.

I really doubt that you have staggered shocks, but a quick look under the car can verify that. As for the Torino application, I doubt that too, they weren't making them in 1965.

I have a 67 with the factory 9" and it uses the standard bearing.

I gave the add a second look and what they are referring to with the designation "10/12 Bolt" is a General Motors reference for their rear ends. Go with the STD bearing kit and you should be OK. It looks like this is a nice dependable and rugged brake set up. I like it. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.