Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an email from AM and went to their site. I'd like to install this kite here , it looks like a good price but its not complete. I've looked around and no one seems to carry a discounted kit that includes the rearward front control arm bushings. Why is that?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I just got an email from AM and went to their site. I'd like to install this kite here , it looks like a good price but its not complete. I've looked around and no one seems to carry a discounted kit that includes the rearward front control arm bushings. Why is that?
As far as I am aware, there is no way to replace that specific bushing. If you look at the picture of the FR500C control arms(require modification/solidly mounting "rearward front control arm" to chassis) versus the regular FRPP control arms the FR500C do not even come with that bushing on them.
FR500C- Ford Racing FR500C Mustang Front Lower Control Arms (05-10) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
vs.
regular FRPP- Ford Racing Mustang Front Lower Control Arms (05-12 GT) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!
^the regular FRPP controls do, but they are the same as what comes on the cars from the factory.

I believe it has to do with the mount being attached to the bushing directly and it being all one unit(mount/bushing that is). If they weren't one-piece there would be a good chance they could separate causing A LOT of damage and headache.

I hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts