Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
So I have two totally different questions, but I didn't want to make two separate threads for it. So the first one:
I just bought a JLT CAI from American Muslce, which I have wanted for a while. I already have a tuner and am running the 91 race tune, which does add very noticeable performance. :) I know that the CAI and tuner usually go hand in hand and a lot of people buy them as a combo. So my question is, sense I already have a tune on my car, even though they are sending me a new tune that is configured for the JLT, will I notice an even bigger difference in power just from adding the CAI alone?

My second question....
The last time I drove my car was about 4-5 days ago and it ran fine. I pulled into the car-part and everything was turned off (all the lights, etc..). This was 4-5 days ago... Well yesterday I went out to go get some food and I tried to start the car and the battery was like TOTALLY dead. Like so dead I couldn't even lock the doors with the remote, or the button. I had to actually push the little thing down that is by the window.... So today I hooked my charger up to it and let it charge a bit, enough so that if any lights were left on, they would be on. But I checked and none of the inside lights, or headlights were left on. So do you have any ideas of what could possibly of made my battery go that dead? o.o

·
Registered
531 Posts
you will fill a difference with the cai, of course more of a difference when it is tuned.

check your alternator or maybe you have a bad battery

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
You should notice a nice difference with the intake. As far as the battery mine does that if it sits for a couple of weeks, not 4 days, and the locks and such still work. Do you have any subs or an amp? If so those can easily do it. How old is your battery and are the terminals clean? Also did it start fine after you charged it?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright cool! Can't for until it gets here!

And I haven't checked my terminals, and I am actually not sure how old it is because I bought the car from private owner and I didn't ask >.<
I do have a sub, but my car has sat for several days before and I have never had that problem. And yea, after I jumped it, it started fine. And actually I plugged the charger in yesterday at about 2:00 pm, and when I checked out about 6:00pm it had only charged about 1/4 of the way.... So maybe it is just like not taking a charge. o.o

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Yea sounds like your Battery is on it's last leg. As for the JLT CAI yes you'll notice a difference not only in more power but a better sound too, also it changes your exhaust tone for the better, a little more Rumble:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
The JLT is nice and like #1fordlover said, will change the tone of your exhaust, and give added performance.

In regards to your battery not holding a charge, it could either be your battery on its last legs, or you may need a new alternator.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that is good new about the CAI. I am really excited to get it installed! :D

And I took my car to Advaned Autos today and they tested the battery and said it was fine and was holding a charge really well. They couldn't even figure out what the problem was... So I think I will just go out and start it every couple days if I am not driving it often, and then come winter I will just buy a new battery to make sure. :)

Thanks for the input guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts