Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get the sound of the Detroit Rocker cams out of my mind. I love that idle ! So, I ordered a set today. I'm assuming I'll need a new tune. Should I go with Brensteen or stay with Bama. I have the Bama 91 race tune now and I've been very happy with it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you are sticking with canned tunes why not use the tune from the shop that developed the cam? Plus everything I have read on Brenspeed is good, and my tuner had good things to say about them as well. Just my 2c.

I love that cam lope too at idle, but I am wishy washy on getting a cam. Plus, blower whine at WOT is so much more fun than cam lope at idle :gringreen:gringreen:gringreen

·
Registered
927 Posts
congrats, I was stuck on those cams for a while. they wouldn't work with me price wise or price match anything. not even throw in a custom tune to earn my business. so I went with AM and got FRPP hot rod cams. as far as tuning goes. those are brenspeeds cam, they will be able to tune it the best.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I bought mine from Brenspeed, & had them install them as well. (They're only 2 1/2 hrs away) I'm very happy with both the cams, & Brenspeed's tunes.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I can't get the sound of the Detroit Rocker cams out of my mind. I love that idle ! So, I ordered a set today. I'm assuming I'll need a new tune. Should I go with Brensteen or stay with Bama. I have the Bama 91 race tune now and I've been very happy with it.

You have free tunes for life from us, so why go anywhere else:bigthumbsup?

The only thing I'm not 100% sure of is if we tune for the Detroit Rocker Cams. Give our pros at Bama a call and ask them on Monday!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
All of the testing, R&D, and dyno tuning was done here at our facility and tuned by our tuner Brent White. We have done a number of tests and installed a lot of these camshafts. We know them inside and out. We do a lot of work with Comp when it comes to tuning camshafts and have done all of the dyno work on the 2011 Prototype cams from Comp on the Coyote as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts