Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Well, today I traded my 86 convertible for a 1990 Hatch. It has a fresh white paint job, led head and tail lights. The tail lights are tinted black. It's got full exhaust, bbk cold air intake, underdrive pullies, f cam, gt40p ported heads, msd ignition, 3.73 gears, 31 spline 8.8 rear, Konig 5 spoke rims, saleen wing.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's some pics of the new baby...that hood has a black pearl paint job, looks really
really good.

Attachments

·
Banned
480 Posts
Looks tight, but I hate that wing!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...i will likely change to a cobra wing.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you are happy.......:)
Thanks Reggie, this is the same one I was talking about that the kid was selling for 3K. I called him to tell him I planned on selling mine, and that I would definitely buy his if mine sold. So he asked exactly what I had and decided he would trade

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Nice find. You mentioned GT-40p heads, does it still have the stock intake? Probably wanna upgrade that, TB and MAF and let 'er breathe!!
Isn't that the same wing you had on your 86 vert?
Not too crazy about the headlights, BUT, post up a picture thats in focus and my opinion may change!! It's kind of hard to tell.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice find. You mentioned GT-40p heads, does it still have the stock intake? Probably wanna upgrade that, TB and MAF and let 'er breathe!!
Isn't that the same wing you had on your 86 vert?
Not too crazy about the headlights, BUT, post up a picture thats in focus and my opinion may change!! It's kind of hard to tell.

:bigthumbsup
As soon as I have money I will be doing them all. Lol yeah it did happen to have the same wing. I know some people don't like it, but I love that wing. The headlights, I will get a better pic. They look way better in person.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Looks clean minus projectors and those rims. :heha:

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did some mustangs come factory with a hydraulic clutch? Mine is hydraulic, which i actually prefer for traffic driving and stopping.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Wow...Kinda looks alot like a ricer owned it...Not a big fan of the headlights,wing,Hood,Rims...I think you could have waited and found a car that didnt need so much stuff to make it look better Just my OPINION here...I understand it has new paint you will never match it for when you paint a wing or hood...It seems to me your going to add alot more money then you intended...to make it well were you want it....Sometime we all rush LOL...ive done that and regreted it ...I did that with my 98 GT it was a piece of crap which at 1st i thought it was great because i had a buyer for my 93 GT vert...so i was in a rush and it didnt pay off...Well as long as you like it thats what counts...:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
looks pretty good. im just not a big fan of the rims, hood and spoiler. personally, i would go with a 4in cowl hood, cobra wing, and fr500s. congrats on the purchase though:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks pretty good. im just not a big fan of the rims, hood and spoiler. personally, i would go with a 4in cowl hood, cobra wing, and fr500s. congrats on the purchase though:bigthumbsup
Thanks, I definitely will be swapping rims as soon as I can afford to. The wing will do for now. The hood personally I do like. For some reason I've always liked the look of a black hood on a white car, I don't know why. Maybe I'll change it some day, we'll see what happens!

·
Registered
781 Posts
You traded a 4 eye for that roach!!!!!! Payne you seem like a great kid but wish someone was there to slap some sense into you on that one :bigthumbsup Even if they are close in value a 4 eye vert is more coveted in the fox world. Congrats on the new trade!!!!!!!

·
Registered
912 Posts
lol kev, i like the look of the hatch but when it comes to the 4 eye vs the aero i like both for diffrent reasons ive been driving my dads 85 around the past week and brought it to the mustangs unlimited car show and since then it has grown on me much more, but im not a fan of the verts, and payne thats a nice looking fox, but if its freshly painted white i would be worried about damage, white tends to hide alot of imperfections, and those headlights have to go, the wheels arent too bad, well at least there not huge and chrome, but as its been said as long as your happy with it then good stuff

R

·
0 Posts
You traded a 4 eye for that roach!!!!!! Payne you seem like a great kid but wish someone was there to slap some sense into you on that one :bigthumbsup Even if they are close in value a 4 eye vert is more coveted in the fox world. Congrats on the new trade!!!!!!!
Hallelujah............:worship

·
Registered
487 Posts
its different..dont really like the hood. not bad at all tho. people got different taste.

i think it would look better tho with some nice black rims to go with the rest of the black on the car.

i think it was a good trade...not a bigfan of the 4eyes except for like the pace car hatchback ones....those are sweet.

you could put up apic of the interior man an under the hood would like to see that.

nice looking car man! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks. I will try to put some pics up tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.