Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I special order a 2012 V6, (like a base model, MT w/ performance package) what might I expect as a discount from the dealer - 2%? ... 3%? ... ? ... in addition to the current Ford kick-back of $500? Or are you expecting to pay full freight? Thanks for any info or your experience.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Probably hard to figure a percent, but find out the invoice pricing then make what you consider is a fair offer from there. Or, if you are lucky and fall into a good dealer they will make you a reasonable offer right off the bat. Yes, it's hard to believe, some dealers are actually reasonable about this stuff.

And never talk about payments, know in your head what the price needs to be to hit the payment you want and you won't get distracted. :bigthumbsup

Good luck on getting your V6 Performance Package Mustang and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Price I got was 8% below sticker (before taxes, title, etc...), which is right around invoice for my options. I highly recommend using a site like TrueCar to figure out what others in your area are paying for a similar car. Print out the stuff from truecar and bring it to the dealer. I didn't even have to bring it up with my dealer, they saw me come in with all these price comparison print outs as well as my iPad with all sorts of Mustang stuff ready to go on it. As a result, I accepted their first offer (had them make a 2nd offer on my trade-in though) because they came at me with a very fair number right off the bat.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I have the same on order $24090 (400 less than invoice) i get to keep rebates (no trade in)

·
Registered
132 Posts
my base price was 12% under sticker plus $229 doc fee, title, registration and tax.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good advice here.

Find out what the total amount you can afford rather then monthy payment concerns. Have them show you the invoice and then get them to drop off the holdback cost as well (~$895).

Zag.com or truecar.com is a great place to get unbiased pricing info.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I paid a half a percent above invoice. My dealership was great and still are.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I paid about 300 under invoice minus $2000 worth of rebates. Don't be afraid to ask for the invoice, it will show you the dealers holdback which is about 3% of the MSRP. If the dealer is willing to work with you they can dip into that to give you a better deal.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good luck getting their holdback on the order. Dealers are in it to make money and most feel that invoice pricing is fair to both parties - at least from what I've seen of posters to this site.

Now, if you find a 2011, do like topshelf and go for the throat:yelwacko:.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Back when I ordered mine I got no hassle at all asking for Invoice+Holdback ... easy to the point it felt like I could've asked to dig into the Holdback a little. Got $1250 worth of rebate+coupon on top of that. Think it came out to around 15% off msrp for a pretty loaded GT.

·
Registered
174 Posts
$200 under published invoice - $500 incentive - $750 brochure coupon. Initially dealers in my area wanted $500 over invoice, but I just kept emailing around offers to the internet sales contacts and got dealerships to compete for my business.

Probably could've kept it up and gotten deeper into it, but I was happy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It does come to a point where you can keep haggling and looking around to save a few hundred bones, but whats the point.

Allinmyhead, did you pick yours up from Ford Of Kirkland?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Back when I ordered mine I got no hassle at all asking for Invoice+Holdback ... easy to the point it felt like I could've asked to dig into the Holdback a little. Got $1250 worth of rebate+coupon on top of that. Think it came out to around 15% off msrp for a pretty loaded GT.
When you say "rebate + coupon" ... what's the coupon?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I got the $750 private coupon with my Mustang brochure I ordered from Ford.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I see that Ford was adding them to some requested brochures. Is this something that Ford still does, or might do again in the near future? Anyone know?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was at my dealer a couple weeks ago and had a salesman show me around a new Focus. He said someone had just used a coupon when they bought a Focus, but can't confirm for a Mustang.

Trying to get myself to hold out a little longer to see if a 3 door Focus is available in 2013 before I buy one, and see the pricing for the ST ... but I'd like to start parking the Mustang in the garage a bit more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.