Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thumbs up to Ram Clutches & Americanmuscle for providing me with good quality & a good part,
Just installed my Ram Clutch stage 2 in my stang and it runs GREAT,

Only problem I ran into was the cable not fitting but I crawled under the steering wheel and messed with the quadernt, & had a buddy hook the cable on.

Took a test drive 15 min ago, and already this dousche bag was taunting me in a "Fixed up whatever truck" , wanting to race, Just cruised past him and just stuck my thumb down.. and kept driving

Was wondering IF I should go ahead and get a Short throw shifter & Clutch adjustment kit.. any advice?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I highly recommend them both I went with the steeda cable kit and b&m ripper shifter but brand is all up to you.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I highly recommend them both I went with the steeda cable kit and b&m ripper shifter but brand is all up to you.
@OP First of all, thanks for the kind words, I am glad we could help you out! ^ this is exactly right! A shift kit will give you the crisp and direct shifts the car should have come from the factory with. If you think your transmission feels good now, just wait!

The steeda cable and tri-axe shifters work very well together and will give you more confidence in your shifts and really get you lighting up some second and third gear shifts!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Problem,
Idk about the steeda kit yet, But for sure iam def buying the tri-axe shifter next paycheck, :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Just to keep in mind what I had happen to me the stock cable assembly was shot and it wouldn't adjust right so after about 1,000 miles my throwout bearing was gone I don't see how it really stayed together it had play in it and was off balance that caused the odd squeak I was hearing unless I lightly pressed the clutch. My car had about 85,000 miles on it at the time when it happened so it didn't have alot of miles on the cable assembly. I got my steeda kit off summitracing for like 109 bucks install was simple did it while I had the car up on the lift after I put the new throwout bearing in!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
No Problem,
Idk about the steeda kit yet, But for sure iam def buying the tri-axe shifter next paycheck, :bigthumbsup

Awesome, let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

-Chris

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
^ not trying to throw business else where but yall didn't offer the whole steeda kit when I was looking don't know if it still that way but hey bought my clutch kit from AM along with about $900 in PI intake, 39lb injectors, 90mm MAF, and BBK upper plenium with 78mm throttle body and got my military discount saved about 50 bucks so for that price summitracing couldn't beat that they don't offer military discounts they make donations what they say don't know if it is true or not lol. If you are looking for parts though I highly recommend AM I always look there first they don't have the largest selection but they got good prices!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
^ not trying to throw business else where but yall didn't offer the whole steeda kit when I was looking don't know if it still that way but hey bought my clutch kit from AM along with about $900 in PI intake, 39lb injectors, 90mm MAF, and BBK upper plenium with 78mm throttle body and got my military discount saved about 50 bucks so for that price summitracing couldn't beat that they don't offer military discounts they make donations what they say don't know if it is true or not lol. If you are looking for parts though I highly recommend AM I always look there first they don't have the largest selection but they got good prices!
No biggie! You've been a great customer in the past and I've seen you mention us plenty of times! :worship

We'll price match any competitor pricing, so OP if you're interested in any parts that you find cheaper, we'll gladly match any advertised pricing including any shipping they may charge (we ship free same-day).

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
No problem I have nothing but great service through yall. :bigthumbsup

I would like to see a little bit better discount for military and sure other military people would agree also! :gringreen

But hey a discount is nice I can't complain and yall offer the same discount for members of this forum. All you have to do is pm a site sponser correct?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
No problem I have nothing but great service through yall. :bigthumbsup

I would like to see a little bit better discount for military and sure other military people would agree also! :gringreen

But hey a discount is nice I can't complain and yall offer the same discount for members of this forum. All you have to do is pm a site sponser correct?

Yup, if you would like the coupon code, just shoot me a PM and I can hook you up!

As for the military discount, I am in talks with the higher-ups to see if we can bump that up a percentage point or two:bigthumbsup

You military servicemembers do a TON for us and it's the least we could do in return:worship

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Yup, if you would like the coupon code, just shoot me a PM and I can hook you up!

As for the military discount, I am in talks with the higher-ups to see if we can bump that up a percentage point or two:bigthumbsup

You military servicemembers do a TON for us and it's the least we could do in return:worship
That sounds awsome and would greatly appreciate it. :bigthumbsup

I was looking into buying a set of wheels and two rear tires from yall and if you get that bump then it would be awsome also getting subframes and maybe a couple other things so that's another chunk of change AmericanMuscle may see from me lol!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
That sounds awsome and would greatly appreciate it. :bigthumbsup

I was looking into buying a set of wheels and two rear tires from yall and if you get that bump then it would be awsome also getting subframes and maybe a couple other things so that's another chunk of change AmericanMuscle may see from me lol!

Shoot me a PM when/if you are interested in a wheel/tire order and I will hook you up with the fordman special:bigthumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts