Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw someone else had put a running pony emblem on the dash to give it the retro look inside as well. I looked for several months before finding the one that was the right height.

Photo0091.jpg

Photo0092.jpg

What do you think :?:

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Very nice touch, looks great, nice retro touch kinda wish I had went that way myself :bigthumbsup I took a different route on mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
I like it, looks great. Nothing beats the tri-bar pony logo!! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
looks really good where did u get it from?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys! It took awhile for me to find one that had the right heights. It is actually the dash emblem for the 65 flat dash. I used a dremmel tool to file down the tabs on the back and used double sided 3M tape to place on the dash. It came from mustangsunlimited.

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy01.asp?T1=6014R+01&Category=Interior&subCategory=Dash&CatKey=EMUSTANG

Rockin Blues, I like that. I almost did something similar. It was a black horse with Mustang in cursive under it. Great minds think alike :gringreen

·
Registered
307 Posts
:bigthumbsupLooks awesome!

Very tasteful and doesn't look out of place at all. I may have to steal your style on this.. I love it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
:bigthumbsupLooks awesome!

Very tasteful and doesn't look out of place at all. I may have to steal your style on this.. I love it.

Thanks and it would be a great addition to your Mustang. The one I saw that inspired me was a 2007 but the guy had used the 3½ inch version for the 2000-2004 fender and it overlaped the airbag door in the middle. I wanted a smaller one that would look like it was supposed to be there and not hinder the airbag opening.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I really like that! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Thanks and it would be a great addition to your Mustang. The one I saw that inspired me was a 2007 but the guy had used the 3½ inch version for the 2000-2004 fender and it overlaped the airbag door in the middle. I wanted a smaller one that would look like it was supposed to be there and not hinder the airbag opening.
Speaking of "airbag opening", what direction does that part of the dash go when the airbag deploys?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Speaking of "airbag opening", what direction does that part of the dash go when the airbag deploys?
That section swings down, the part is in the seam in the middle. I thought the same thing... the passenger might end up with a nice tri-bar pony dent in their head. But I think we're safe on this one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts