Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my new spydershaft arrived today. very fast since i ordered it sunday night! it came from sutton hp. my driveshaft safety loop also came from brenspeed today! i got the bmr one. hope to get time this week to install these mods!

· Registered
12,325 Posts
Congrats. Red thread locker!
Is that to prevent the nut from coming off the driveshaft because it spins so much and might become loose?

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i happen to have a couple bottles of each color in the cabinet! sure wouldnt want those bolts coming loose!

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh ya, i also have 2 harley davidsons, one is 35 years old and the other is 59 years old. so ya i keep lots of loc tite around! ha ha ha.

· Registered
1,923 Posts
let us know how it goes and what you think

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my motto used to be, if it falls off and its still running, you really didnt need it. but then things like shifters, axle nuts and such you really kinda need! ha ha ha i will tell ya what the ds is like once i get it in. just dont have time right now.

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i put the spyder shaft in today and tested it out. it seams to be more peppy now. i dont have any vibration or noise from it so i musta done it right. its alot lighter than the stock ds. i took it up to about 80 mph and no problems. still havent even got a hundred miles on my new 3.73 gears yet, so am taking it kinda easy. job wasnt bad, hada go buy a 3 jaw puller. hardest part was climbing under that low car. had it on jack stands and ramps. lift woulda been nice.

· Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
64,535 Posts
i put the spyder shaft in today and tested it out. it seams to be more peppy now. i dont have any vibration or noise from it so i musta done it right. its alot lighter than the stock ds. i took it up to about 80 mph and no problems. still havent even got a hundred miles on my new 3.73 gears yet, so am taking it kinda easy. job wasnt bad, hada go buy a 3 jaw puller. hardest part was climbing under that low car. had it on jack stands and ramps. lift woulda been nice.
Good deal... Hope you don't have any vibration issues. Seems to have been a rash of them lately.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.