Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post a couple pics of my new JPC built engine combo. It features 9.8:1 compression, forged crank, Mahle pistons/pins/rings, Manley H-beams, Clevite bearings, all ARP studs and hardware, a Melling oil pump with billet gears, RGR heads with stainless intake and super alloy exhaust valves (all 1 mm oversize), custom port and polish job, titanium retiners, hi-rev springs, etc etc etc.

Not much to see here in the pics except of course the JPC Racing intake manifold (to distribute a/f mixture evenly among all cylinders + make some power and not blow apart), their fuel rails, maybe the UPR catch can and CSR transmission vent / overflow catch can if you look close enough, Fore F2 fuel regulator (it's now a return-style fuel system), maybe another goodie or two.

Things are getting so tight you can hardly see the Kooks LT's, the second transmission cooler, the intercooler flipped upside-down to move the new Big Air MAF sensor from the cold outlet to the warm-side inlet of the intercooler, or some other "subleties."

Anyway, redline has now been set to 7500 rpm's, where boost just touches 18 psi.

Other pics of work in-progress were previously posted here:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/293532-new-build-pics-parts-installation-stuff-etc.html

JPC just finished my 109 octane race gas tune to go with my pump gas tune (both at the same boost levels) so their work is done for now...and I'm VERY pleased.

Just thought I'd share. Details not listed or pictured are in my profile. The thing's a blast to drive and all done for now, at least until I break the rear, which for now is just a beefed 8.8. Or until I do something with the torque converter - it refused to stay locked up on the dyno with either tune, even though it was supposed to be up to the task. Oh well...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks nasty :bigthumbsup
Thanks, sounds nasty now too, going from bone-stock exhaust to a cam with the Kooks and Bassani axle-backs, people can def here me coming now. No more sleeper I guess, lol.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya it does and from the description it sounds like it too
Justin Burcham drove it around for a day or two to break it in, check for leaks, etc before telling me it was ready. Told me not to floor it on the highway like he did at 75 unless there was no traffic around so don't think I'll try that anytime soon...unless I bring spare underwear.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats awesome, if u ever get a video or sound clip of the exhaust I'd love to hear it:bigthumbsup
Justin said he video'd it on a practice (and real) dyno pull and would post to YouTube but wasn't sure when...in the meantime I've been meaning to figure out the YouTube thing myself :winks

looking sharp my friend:bigthumbsup
Thanks friend! Nothing as exotic as your turbo setup but I'm pleased :winks

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
man that looks serious and awesome. wish i could have something like that. i thought i saw a little open space under the hood, but it was just a glare off my screen :D might as well start stocking up on the underwear

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Wow, that looks awesome. I would also love to hear what it sounds like!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i thought i saw a little open space under the hood, but it was just a glare off my screen :D
lol, yeah, everything's a little tight, huh? Oh, did I mention I love my TCI ratchet shifter, too? Hope yours is still fun. It reminds me of the ones I used to put in some of the older musclecars :bigthumbsup

I would also love to hear what it sounds like!
I didn't think a little bitty 4.6 could sound like a big block, at idle and when screaming, but I'll be darned if it doesn't. :smilie

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Awesome. Do you know how much heads are worth with your combo? Im still undecided if I am gonna reuse the stock heads or go with ported ones. C&L has been saying for 4 years now they have all new 3V heads but they never come to market.

What do you think it will dyno at? Estimate?

Your gonna have one interesting summer.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome. Do you know how much heads are worth with your combo? Im still undecided if I am gonna reuse the stock heads or go with ported ones. C&L has been saying for 4 years now they have all new 3V heads but they never come to market.
Thanks buddy! Yeah, C&L's have been in a never-ending test pattern since forever...I didn't ask specifically how much extra the heads were worth but since the engine was still pulling strong, and hp going up and up at 6500 rpm's, we figured to open up the ports and beef up the valvetrain for better breathing and higher rpm's. Now the engine is still making power at 7500 rpm's and could beyond that but I'd need to pucker my arse, plus get bigger cams, so I'm good with the 7500 max.

What do you think it will dyno at? Estimate?
We've already finished all the dyno'ing. Even with the tq converter coming unlocked on each pull, it still made more power than I recall seeing anywhere on here lately, more than we expected even with the converter problems. I'll post time slips when I get them :smilie

Your gonna have one interesting summer.
Oh yeah, you better believe it!! Justin wants us to shake it down at Capitol Raceway in Maryland next weekend to better set the shift points so hopefully I can make my first passes with it at that time :laughlitt:grinroll:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Sweet set up. Looks very nice (or very not nice? lol.

Let us know when you do floor it. . . you know you won't be able to hold out long! lol:winks

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
lol, yeah, everything's a little tight, huh? Oh, did I mention I love my TCI ratchet shifter, too? Hope yours is still fun. It reminds me of the ones I used to put in some of the older musclecars :bigthumbsup
oh ya, i love that tci shifter, works great and its alot of fun even in my little toy car. i bet it will be unreal in your car. its so much fun seeing guys like yourself build these monsters, i`m glad i got to have my fun ion the 70`s, but its pretty much over for me. looking forward to some vids of your car. have fun and be safe at the track :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
377 Posts
Man!!! That is insane! I wish I had that kind of money to just dump into my car but I'm being the responsible one and paying to go to school. LOL. We definitely need to see dyno numbers when you can post them. Awesome ride!!!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man!!! That is insane! I wish I had that kind of money to just dump into my car but I'm being the responsible one and paying to go to school. LOL. We definitely need to see dyno numbers when you can post them. Awesome ride!!!
Thanks! I was responsible and paid my way through school, then worked a long time, got burned out, THEN dumped all this money into the car, lol. Mid-life crisis perhaps? :?: I'm still kinda young, jeez, hate to think of what I'll do next :smilie

But with no Harley or boat left...this is my only remaining toy...

looks fantastic hubkap!!
Thanks Sharad, means a lot from a Procharger pro like yourself! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Looks great! Me wants one:shigrin

·
Registered
825 Posts
WOW:kooky: It is the combination of parts and small details that make all of the difference on a project like this. Very well done! :bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 21 Posts